Ducks Announce Mighty Slate of Throwbacks in 2019

Ducks Announce Mighty Slate of Throwbacks in 2019

August 28, 2018 - 20:35 PM

The Anaheim Ducks are definitely going all out for their upcoming anniversary season. To celebrate 25 years since their inaugural year as the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim, the Ducks will skate out with *eight* different throwback uniforms throughout the first […]

Read More...

9 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Only warm-up? Meh... At least now we've got a little suggestion that orange alternate won't comeback in next season as a regular one and they will have something new.

Eh, I wouldn't say that. One of the jerseys for "tribute" is the one they're already wearing.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

5 hours ago, C-Squared said:

I like the idea of getting creative with warmup jerseys. It keeps the actual games within reason aesthetically while still working in some fun stuff now and then... it could be a tremendous cash grab if Adidas pumped out all these designs for retail, even if just at those games for a night.

Lol - I have the complete opposite take - I think wearing them for warmups only is one of the dumbest ideas ever. Granted, it saves on having to get all the other equipment, but wearing something that only 17,000 people see for a few minutes is pretty dumb.  

And yeah, they could really make a lot if they sold them at retail throughout the season.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

Lol I think wearing them for warmups only is one of the dumbest ideas ever. Granted, it saves on having to get all the other equipment, but wearing something that only 17,000 people see for a few minutes is pretty dumb.  

And yeah, they could really make a lot if they sold them at retail throughout the season.

I prefer warmup-only to teams wearing eight different jerseys in actual games. Besides, social media will ensure a lot more people see (and potentially buy) them than the fans in attendance.

6 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

I prefer warmup-only to teams wearing eight different jerseys in actual games. Besides, social media will ensure a lot more people see (and potentially buy) them than the fans in attendance.

Social media really doesn't focus on warmups though. There are minimal pictures of the Ducks other warmup jerseys.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Lol I think wearing them for warmups only is one of the dumbest ideas ever. Granted, it saves on having to get all the other equipment, but wearing something that only 17,000 people see for a few minutes is pretty dumb.  

I mean, how many people are even in their seat for warmup? 

48 minutes ago, Placebo said:

I mean, how many people are even in their seat for warmup? 

It might be a little different when people know that they're wearing a special jersey for warmups. When I attended the Wild game, where they wore North Star Jerseys for warmups, I wanted to get into my seat, just to see them on the ice...  

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

14 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

It might be a little different when people know that they're wearing a special jersey for warmups. When I attended the Wild game, where they wore North Star Jerseys for warmups, I wanted to get into my seat, just to see them on the ice...  

Probably more likely to have people in the seat, but the building will still be mostly empty. They are also just the jerseys, I would want to see the full uniform, which isn't happening. 

15 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

For anniversaries like this I'm totally down for teams trotting out multiple throwbacks in game. It's why I'm highly disappointed in the Giants 60th anniversary lack of anything. 

Same with the Dodgers...although their uniforms haven’t changed much over the years. They still could’ve thrown back to championship years with patches and such.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

Archived