What jersey should I get...

Avenger

What jersey should I get  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I should probably save more money than I do, but I'm not particularly ready to buy a house yet, so instead I invest in the important things like my jersey collection.

I don't know if this will happen or not but there's also a chance that you'll wish that you would have saved a lot more when you had the chance.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I should probably save more money than I do, but I'm not particularly ready to buy a house yet, so instead I invest in the important things like my jersey collection.

I don't know if this will happen or not but there's also a chance that you'll wish that you would have saved a lot more when you had the chance.

There's also a good chance we only get to live once....

Thanks for the advice, dad.

It's not like I'm dropping a thousand dollars a month on toys. Every couple months or so, I find nothing wrong with spending $50-80 on a hockey jersey or a video game.

It's not like I'm dropping a thousand dollars a month on toys. Every couple months or so, I find nothing wrong with spending $50-80 on a hockey jersey or a video game.

I'm not talking about $50 - $80 every couple months of even every months for that matter. I'm talking about the people who live paycheck to paycheck because they bought stupid crap like hockey jerseys all the time.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I'm not talking about $50 - $80 every couple months of even every months for that matter. I'm talking about the people who live paycheck to paycheck because they bought stupid crap like hockey jerseys all the time.

just because YOU dont like hockey dosnt give u the right to call those who buy hockey jerseyes stupid.

I'm not talking about $50 - $80 every couple months of even every months for that matter. I'm talking about the people who live paycheck to paycheck because they bought stupid crap like basketball jerseys all the time.

same thing. if someone has saved enough money to blow on a hockey jersey he likes, then its not up to you to say he is being irresposible if he does decides to get the jersey.

oh ya. i said slovakia. both jerseys are nice, but the collar on the '32 usa one looks unconfertable.

dude, your 22 like me. waste some money. Have some for a rainy day but you'll never get to "waste" money when your married. so get it out of your system now i say!

Anyway, I'm not attacking you, but everyone thinks differently when it comes to money. I'm at the point where, hey...i'm 22. I won't want to play video games, wear hockey jerseys, and drink when I'm 32 as much. I'll probably look back and regret i didn't. That's just me. At the same time, I'll probably regret not saving all that money...who knows.

I'm at the point where, hey...i'm 22. I won't want to play video games, wear hockey jerseys, and drink when I'm 32 as much.

you think that now, but wait until you're 32 and single. Then again, maybe that's why i'm single.

as far as the jerseys, neither does anything for me. I guess I like the Slovakian one better than the US 32. but that Nike logo is a big repellant to me.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Go for the Slovakia one. I admit to being biased since my dad is from there. However, I've put my money where my mouth is; I have a white authentic from when they had the red and blue piping. It is beee-u-t-ful!

I'll save the advice on the saving and marriage - although I've got opinions on both - since that doesn't seem to be part of the poll :P

I'm not blasting anyone for wanting to spend their money. I have my own opinion just like all of you. I happen to be 22 married with two kids and I guess I just look at life differently than other 22 year olds.

Retired Number's To Come

22 married with two kids? Gee, I'm 23 and I've never been in a serious realtionship. I wouldn't pay $300 on a hockey jersey. I could buy a few decent set of shirts and pants for $300.

I would rather buy a hat anyways. I'm thinking of buying a Toronto Argonauts hat. ARRRRRGOOOOOOS!

I saw, I came, I left.

For the record......my "what is extra" extra money post.......was meant to be playful.

I for one, don't have as much disposable income anymore and have more than my share of responsibilities, but a half dozen video games per year are built right into the budget baby!! Never grow up...just plan better.

And I've wasted a dime or too before...

I've got about 25 hockey jerseys, and a full set of storm trooper armor which was difficult to explain to the boss (wife).

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I've got about 25 hockey jerseys, and a full set of storm trooper armor which was difficult to explain to the boss (wife).

...not to mention Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

You mean the Jedi mind trick didn't work? ^_^ Just joking.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Oh man. I'm catching nerd flack on a board where people discuss sports logos all day............filled with sudden self loathing.

I'm dizzy. :wacko:

It's ok I can take it. I am a nerd on many fronts. I got the idea to go as a trooper to the bars on Halloween one year and just couldn't stomach the store bought rubber kind. Couldn't find a quality rental and so I bought/made one. His name is Kenneth. ( I have no idea why) and he resides in my computer room on a mannequin. ...mostly because the idea of paying that much for armor, and then letting it sit on the floor or in a box.....is even more upsetting to me than an unnerving mannequin in my house.

I haven't worn it since, and from the outside can appreciate how silly it might seem. Its rough; balancing being enthusiastic about life, not ashamed of what you enjoy andplayful vs not becoming obsessive or weird about things. I haven't named a child or a dog Anakin nor would I ever, my plates don't say 'JEDI 1' or anything. I think I do a decent job.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Go with the USA jersey, Keith. And if you're concerned about having two Team USA jerseys, do what I do: sell one of them on eBay and put some of that scratch towards the new jersey. I'm actually thinking about getting rid the 4-5 jerseys in my closet (to get a few new ones), since I purchased them when I was much heavier (I've gone down from about 210 pounds to just under 155 in the span of 10 months) and they're way too big for me now. They'd fit my youngest brother, but he's not as interested in hockey as I am, so he probably wouldn't put them to use.

QPR%20Sig.png

Archived