Winnipeg Jets Alternate concept

B-mer

This was an idea based off of a concept by, i think habsfan1 on here a few years ago, and I took it a little further.  This is an alternate based on, if you couldn't guess, the RCAF Flyers, with a little more modern of a take.  

5jdA5nO.png

Unfortunately if I did that the entire basis for the concept goes out the window. 

For those who don't know this is the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) Flyers sweater, which in my research had some slight variations over the years. 

original.png?1409079056

i liked the suggestion of the Winter Classic collar, so here's that.  No other changes though.  I'll tell you though, i had considered using a contrasting nameplate (navy blue) to simulate the striping on the back, but decided against it.  I just didnt want to put the stripes on the back to just have them covered by the nameplate anyway.  That drives me nuts. 

The other thing i was considering was how to do the captain patches.  Best i can come up with is a solid square patch with the letter in it, similar to what the Leafs did with their St. Pats jerseys last year.  

GZpwq3e.png

58 minutes ago, Johnny Ryall said:

Would easily be one of the best sweaters in the league, if the Jets wore them.

For the captains patch what if you put it inside a poppy shape like so:

Wv3kanA.jpg

Just a suggestion. Keep up the good work!

Thanks. Interesting idea. 

Archived