ECHL | Utah Grizzlies Rebrand

Go Red Sox!

An almost six-month old project that I haven't even posted here thus far: new grizzly, new colors, new identity for the ECHL's Utah Grizzlies.

Utah_Grizzlie_logo_comparison.png

Utah_Grizzlies_primary_logo.png

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Looks great! I love that new wordmark with the scratches and the addition of trees. I'm also happy to see the removal of the obnoxious hockey stick.

Did you consider keeping the forest green rather than kelly? I feel that green is a bit too bright.

The new bear is a huge improvement but it feels a tad like the head is too separate from the body. That's kinda minor, though.

A really good job, and way better than the original!

Nicely done. The green eyes are a nice touch and the wood-like lettering is appropriate.

The only alteration I would suggest has to do with the green outline. It is overly prominent and distracting in the area that separates the shoulders from the forest and mountains. Is there any way to lessen the outline above the two shoulders?

I just have a thing against outlines within a  logo but overall this is another great work.

On 8/30/2018 at 7:40 PM, vtgco said:

Looks great! I love that new wordmark with the scratches and the addition of trees. I'm also happy to see the removal of the obnoxious hockey stick.

Did you consider keeping the forest green rather than kelly? I feel that green is a bit too bright.

The new bear is a huge improvement but it feels a tad like the head is too separate from the body. That's kinda minor, though.

A really good job, and way better than the original!

Thanks, vtgco! I don't think it's too bright. It's a loud color, but since it's just an accent color on uniforms, it's okay to me. I like some strong color contrast.

On 8/31/2018 at 3:33 PM, jaha32 said:

Nicely done. The green eyes are a nice touch and the wood-like lettering is appropriate.

The only alteration I would suggest has to do with the green outline. It is overly prominent and distracting in the area that separates the shoulders from the forest and mountains. Is there any way to lessen the outline above the two shoulders?

I just have a thing against outlines within a  logo but overall this is another great work.

Thanks, Greg. I've removed the outline. Images have been updated. Think it looks better now!

23 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

Looks good in a vacuum, but I don't know how well it’d look on the front of a jersey. Maybe stick with either the word mark or the bear on their own and try that out, keeping the current design as a secondary mark.

Thanks, Zeus. If I had to create uniforms (but I won't), I would only use the bear's head with that green outline.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Someone needs to send this to the organization.  The old Grizzlies logo was bad even BEFORE they relocated to Utah.  I love the bright green.  It's a fantastic accent color to pop against the black and browns.

mainescarf.png

18 hours ago, SNBSlugger said:

Someone needs to send this to the organization.  The old Grizzlies logo was bad even BEFORE they relocated to Utah.  I love the bright green.  It's a fantastic accent color to pop against the black and browns.

Thanks, SNBSlugger. Much appreciated.

I've chosen a bright, loud green, since I absolutely dislike that muddy and dark shade that they're currently using. In my view, accent colors can and should pop sometimes, especially when most colors within a scheme are dark and/or lowly saturated.

Archived