SportsLogos.Net News

Carolina Hurricanes Ask Fans For Help With New Logo

5 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Silver and contrasting-color (green on tail, blue on W) outlines on white, silver and white outlines on navy blue. You represent silver as a team color but don't have a toilet seat.

Having a predominantly grey logo on the white jersey wouldn’t be optimum, nor would relegating the two main team colors to outlines.

There’s not really a tidy solution for them, but I think it would be better to leave the logo pure and free of outlines, keeping it blue and green on white, and maybe going to a grey tail/white W color scheme on the blue jersey, using the uniform as the platform to incorporate the blue and green.

I wasn't clear. This is what I meant:

SpLQGvT.jpg

The silver is there, but not overwhelming, and the whole thing still breathes more than it would with the toilet seat. 

Too many outlines.  It works best with no outlines, but then it's tricky to get a green W on the blue sweater.  One outline at most please.

The more I think of it, I think green and silver is the way to go with the logo.  White jersey has green W and silver tail, each with navy outline.  Blue jersey has green w with silver outline, and either solid silver tail, or silver tail with green outline

There is nothing wrong with the Hurricanes logo.

1 hour ago, Bayne said:

There is nothing wrong with the Hurricanes logo.

I feel the same. I really like it. They finally have their look almost perfect with the new home. Match the road to it and leave it alone. 

I don't love it or hate it. It just exists and has no feel or effect to it. I never saw the toilet flushing that people mock it for and I never saw it as remotely inspiring either. Change here is good

Saw this on icethetics and I love the bottom CH logo used on the black alternate

?format=750w

Maybe somebody who posts here made it?

On 8/31/2018 at 9:44 AM, Gothamite said:

I’ve got a better one. ;) 

9zt534ipbfprlfs2vsqfugw41.png

Nope!  Old School Fool was right, his is better!!!  Navy era Whalers were a masterpiece!!!

5 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

I don't love it or hate it. It just exists and has no feel or effect to it. I never saw the toilet flushing that people mock it for and I never saw it as remotely inspiring either. Change here is good

Saw this on icethetics and I love the bottom CH logo used on the black alternate

?format=750w

i actually kind of like  it.

16 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

?format=750w

I see a white "rJ" in the main logo rather than a red H. The alternate logo is too similar to the Canadiens and doesn't evoke hurricane imagery in the slightest.

21 minutes ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

The CH logo reminds me of the Chattanooga Lookouts.

I was just about to post the same thing. All I see is the Lookouts logo sans eyeballs.

3 hours ago, Gobbi said:

I see a white "rJ" in the main logo rather than a red H. The alternate logo is too similar to the Canadiens and doesn't evoke hurricane imagery in the slightest.

The hurricane is also rotating the wrong direction. D’oh! ?

Who the *Bleep* is RJ?

4 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

The hurricane is also rotating the wrong direction. D’oh! ?

Flipping it to counter clock-wise would get rid of the “rj” issue

6 hours ago, MEANS said:

Who the *Bleep* is RJ?

By the looks of the logo, I’d guess he was a sk8r in the 90s.

I've seen worse logos, but I still wouldn't change it. Stick with what you've got - aint broke etc

All the Canes really need to do with their current logo is fix the perspective on the puck. If they're hell-bent on changing, they should just promote the warning flag logo from their new third.