MLB: Gold Ribbons & Wristbands Worn Across Baseball Sept. 1st

MLB: Gold Ribbons & Wristbands Worn Across Baseball Sept. 1st

August 31, 2018 - 14:22 PM

All Major League Baseball players and umpires will be wearing gold/yellow ribbons and wristbands across the league for games played on Saturday, September 1, 2018. The special ribbons and gold wristbands are being worn in support of the fight against […]

Read More...

They should do this for all of the other special causes (Mother's Day with the pink for breast cancer, Father's Day with the blue for prostate cancer). But then they can't push merchandise on those days with just a ribbon. ?

Frankly, I'm surprised they are decking the teams all out in gold for this one? What's the difference with prostate and breast cancer compared to childhood cancer? 

Though I agree with the sediments above, a ribbon suffices on Mother's and Father's Day as well.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, kimball said:

Frankly, I'm surprised they are decking the teams all out in gold for this one? What's the difference with prostate and breast cancer compared to childhood cancer? 

Though I agree with the sediments above, a ribbon suffices on Mother's and Father's Day as well.

Well, to start, childhood cancer gets much less recognition than the other two. In fact, it only gets a penny for each dollar given to the American Cancer Society. I love this move, as it gets well-needed awareness for the disease while not destroying the uniforms in the process.

ExJworW.png

22 hours ago, kimball said:

They are wise, and are also my biggest confidants.

image003.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived