In the words of the late Tom Petty... I can't decide which is worse...

oldschoolvikings

The Browns are the best of the three. The Buccaneers need a simple number font change and place the ship on both sleeves. Their look is kinda growing on me. The Titans are probably the worst of the three, but they are that bad. The number font is fine IMO. The "shoulder swords" would be better if they were only the lighter gray, the armpit panel should be removed, and the pants stripe should go all the way down. I understand the gimmick behind the slash, but the execution is dumb.

12 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Titans get a pass. They’re bad uniforms...for the Tennessee Titans. That said? You could slap some Argos logos on those and they’d work. They would be a downgrade compared to the classic look they have now, but it would still work. 

So it’s between the Bucs and Browns. And it really is a case of duelling crap, isn’t it? 

Both replaced classy, traditional looks that didn’t need to be retired. 

Both have awful number fonts.

Both have stupid pants stripes. 

Both have wordmarks where they shouldn’t have wordmarks.

Both have hilariously bad jersey elements (“pewter” on the jerseys for the Bucs, contrasting stitching for the Browns). 

Both downgraded their helmets. 

I suppose the Bucs are worse because their number set is worse, and their helmet is just comically bad. 

That said? It’s amazing just how much these two sets match in their suckitude. 

I agree except for Tampa's helmet, which I actually like. 

12 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Titans get a pass. They’re bad uniforms...for the Tennessee Titans. That said? You could slap some Argos logos on those and they’d work. They would be a downgrade compared to the classic look they have now, but it would still work. 

So it’s between the Bucs and Browns. And it really is a case of duelling crap, isn’t it? 

Both have hilariously bad jersey elements (“pewter” on the jerseys for the Bucs, contrasting stitching for the Browns). 

I suppose the Bucs are worse because their number set is worse, and their helmet is just comically bad. 

I think less of the Titans' set than you do, but I can't argue with the rest.

If the Bucs get a 0 out of 10, the Browns only get a 0.5.  The Browns beat the Bucs mostly because their helmet isn't terrible (though I hate the brown mask), and at least their colors are decent, even if used inappropriately.  The Bucs so often wear the flat pewter pants that IMO is a terrible color, and have the flat pewter yoke which (especially against the red) is hideous.  The single-sleeve nickname wordmark also helps put it over the top.

So, to the OP, it goes

30: Tennessee

31:  Cleveland

32: Tampa

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Browns 1) Orange numbers on the brown jerseys; 2) Brown pants; 3) Team name on the pants; 4) As far as them having the city name on the jerseys and not the team name, I have mixed emotions

Bucs 1) The number font is freaky 2) The only mismatched combo to me seems to be their rarely worn red over white

Titans 1) Too navy-centric, especially where darker shades are the norm in the AFC South 2) They are probably going to wear navy pants most of the time 3) Silver on the shoulders of the jersey might work if it were one tone 4) Maybe the franchise is trying to distance themselves from their long history as the Oilers by ditching Columbia Blue to minority status (IMHO it should be their primary color--with the Colts keeping their shade of blue, the Texans going to red as their primary team color, and the Jags going to teal as their primary) 5) Their wordmark, numbering, and letters on the names resemble something from The Flintstones

The Browns are definitely the best of the three, but have awful elements, that ruin the jersey. The Bucs are a little too modern for me, but I do really like the idea behind it. The Titans are trash however... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 8/31/2018 at 10:06 PM, Ice_Cap said:

I couldn't have agreed with this anymore, word for word.  But it literally is that close a choice.

nav-logo.png

this is not an easy choice and i think you can make an argument for the Seahawks as well; i think they're all in the same tier. 

the Bucs helmet is really cool (minus the awful new take on the logo) and with the right combination of pieces, the Browns colors are nice. there are similar problems across all 3: too many colors, terrible number fonts, really bad use of decorative elements (stripes), bad combinations of color, and a generally "loudness" that is hard to look at.

my vote goes to the Titans though. every sword-stripe is a different take on the idea, the facemask seems out of place (and i love gray masks), the helmet finish doesn't work well here (ugly) and the TV numbers are too small and cover 2 different colors of gray. all of this creates an incredible chaotic, confusing uniform. you couldn't possibly do more to make it more disorderly. its just a really amateur, stupid looking uniform

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The Titans are horrible. Seeing them in action has made me hate them much more. They just look unfinished, with the weird half-side panels and the double grey shoulders. This isn't even considering the font, which in itself is bad. 

Cleveland and Tampa Bay aren't as bad but are still pretty trash. Cleveland's set is probably the best of the three. If they took off the "Browns" stripe on the pants and softened the orange a tad, their uniforms wouldn't be that bad, even with the current numbers. Of course, going back to the old ones would be much better (with a stripe on the old brown pants, as the all-brown look was pretty bad). 

Unpopular opinion, but I think the current Bucs logo is better than the old one. The new font is garbage and needs to get fixed ASAP. Also, their "pewter" is too dark and looks more graphite colored. Lighten up the pewter, fix the numbers, and shrink the helmet logo a tad but keep it slightly larger than on their old set. Then you have a passable set. 

A little off topic, but out of all the silly Nike design elements, I think the cutoff pant stripes annoy me the most. The Titans new uniforms have them, the Bucs new uniforms have them, and the last Jaguars set had a variation of them. Cutoff stripes look unfinished and empty, not creative. What's hurting most of these sets are these ugly pant stripes with the same diagonal pattern as opposed to a unique full-stripe pattern a la Seahawks (some of you dislike this set but to me it's one of Nikes better designs and maybe even a top-half of the league). 

I would say the Buccaneers. They're going for a super-modern look, which in my opinion doesn't work when your team's entire motif is old-timey swashbuckling pirates. The alarm clock numbers are the worst part of it for me. They really should just go back to their previous set wholesale.

53Ocz8U.png

4 hours ago, ~Bear said:

A little off topic, but out of all the silly Nike design elements, I think the cutoff pant stripes annoy me the most. The Titans new uniforms have them, the Bucs new uniforms have them, and the last Jaguars set had a variation of them. Cutoff stripes look unfinished and empty, not creative. What's hurting most of these sets are these ugly pant stripes with the same diagonal pattern as opposed to a unique full-stripe pattern a la Seahawks (some of you dislike this set but to me it's one of Nikes better designs and maybe even a top-half of the league). 

I agree.  Nike's truncated pants stripes are such an obvious function of their ever changing pants template.  It's not a design element as much as a way to showcase the seams of whatever template they're pushing. 

Based on combos, it's the Titans since they're going to go mono navy and yoga pants look so much.

If we're talking straight design, It's close I'd still say Tampa. Those alarm clocks numbers still takes the cake. Then you still have the ginormous helmet logo and matte pewter that looks brown in certain lighting. Although Browns down the leg gives it a run for their money. But then the Titans have the random columbia pit stains and needless two shades or grey. So let's just call it a 3-way turd tie.

Archived