SportsLogos.Net News

New York Islanders New Third Uniform Leaks

The mediocrity of this jersey begs the question, do they really need an alternate.

24 minutes ago, Morgo said:

The mediocrity of this jersey begs the question, do they really need an alternate.

Especially for what feels like every year.

I'm a sucker for white shoulders but this jersey is just boring. The "NY" is not a strong logo on its own (not that their primary is anything special) and if those are really black pants, then they are going to look like a mess on the ice. The islanders need to do the obvious thing that apparently is not so obvious to them. An orange jersey that mirrors their primary set. I would like to see their lighthouse logo brought back, maybe even modernized to slap on the front of their thirds. 

1 hour ago, insert name said:

Is an Orange jersey for the Islanders that hard? 

Yes...

GettyImages-55882140.0.jpg

13 hours ago, EvelethMN said:

Woof...that is the worst jersey I think I have ever seen!

You’re joking, right? That’s not even the worst jersey the Islanders have ever had. 

Given the Isles' track record of thirds, I'll take it. But as Olmec stated above, all they need to do is an orange alternate that swaps the blue and orange and call it a day. I've been wanting them to do that since the 98-99 jerseys. Granted my rule of thumb for alternates that nobody (outside Chicago and Philadelphia when the third jersey program started) follows is recoloring the home jersey, but alas

The Islanders name has so much potential for an interesting alternate.  The Lighthouse logo is definitely on the dated side but they could surely come up with something interesting and current using similar imagery.  An orange jersey with the same primary logo would be just as uninspired IMO.  The pylon jersey proved that.

2 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

With Lou Lamoriello at the helm I'm surprised they went with an alternate at all. If there was a bright noisy orange alternate that they had waiting in the wings, I have no doubt he put the kibosh on it.

The alternate has been in the works long before Lou was hired and short of it being a complete disaster like the famed unreleased St. Louis Blues' third, it's unlikely even Lou could have killed it.  Maybe he prevents them from getting another third in the future, outside of a vintage jersey.  Ultimately, if the owners want a third jersey no matter what Lou says, there's going to be a third jersey.

An orange third could work.  They just need to come up with a better design or even just recolour their current set.

...or this?

New-York-Islanders-Fisherman-Uniform-199

Seriously, a Fisherman third would be perfect. It capitalizes on the 1990s nostalgia wave, is different from the main look, and has become an ironic favorite for many. It should have been a third originally, so it's best to make it a third now.

15 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

has become an ironic favorite for many. 

[citation needed]

? 

21 minutes ago, slapshot said:

/threadjack

What's wrong with this?

43551150205_b12ab652f8_o.png

Thats not bad at all, but I don’t like the blue numbers with white logo.  I’d make the numbers white with a thick blue outline, and you’re set. 

Thought about it, but didn't want a 100% inverse of the blue home I mocked up. It's worth looking into though.

I actually like this jersey. I can't recall where, but I saw a mockup of it on Josh Bailey and it looked really solid. I've got a feeling it'll be one of those jerseys where it looks bad on paper and looks good in action.

EDIT: Here's the picture.

bqxdxkn871k11.jpg

13 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

I actually like this jersey. I can't recall where, but I saw a mockup of it on Josh Bailey and it looked really solid. I've got a feeling it'll be one of those jerseys where it looks bad on paper and looks good in action.

EDIT: Here's the picture.

bqxdxkn871k11.jpg

That yoke looks like he's got paper towels sitting on his shoulders.

5 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

Agreed.  That's why I think it needs a more complete yoke.  Something extending to the shoulders, beyond the seam.

53 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

When you have a bounty on your head but you're also dyslexic