Inter Miami FC Reveals Logo, MLS Expansion Club for 2020

Waffles

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I'm not aware of anything prohibiting it.  We were advocating for a while that NYCFC put its monogram on a clash kit instead of the full badge, and were told that was "a possibility".

That being said, it's generally good branding to pick one and stick with it.  Especially for a new club.  But there's a reason that Arsenal, Man United, Juventus, Barcelona, and other major clubs stick to one.

And even those clubs that don't, stick with one that's close.

Like the monogram

Like Marseille sticking the logo in a roundel

You can still tell the team. Not sure if the Miami one fits the bill. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/15/2018 at 5:17 PM, Beantown77 said:

I'd imagine they'd commonly be referred to as "Inter

Miami" and go with IMFC as their abbreviation.

Other than Montreal, my guess is the team that’s more commonly associated with Inter would also object.

I like every element of the crest except that dumb shield inside a roundel. Take it out, enlarge the cranes a bit and it’s beautiful. Hope that if they use pink shirts as first choice that they at least avoid black pants and socks, we’ve got so few pink teams I’d hate for them to all look alike

1 hour ago, DiePerske said:

And even those clubs that don't, stick with one that's close.

Like the monogram

Like Marseille sticking the logo in a roundel

You can still tell the team. Not sure if the Miami one fits the bill. 

Well not necessarily 

milan-15-16-home-kit+(1).jpg

f77741-ac-milan-away-jersey.jpg

2351-francesco_totti.jpg

west_bromwich_albion_18_19_puma_away_kit

huddersfield-ak-1819-516x680.png

07Giants.pngnyy.png

i like the colors. that should be a great palette to work with for uniforms and marketing materials. and i think they got the pink really right. Miami colors should be sun bleached, not sunburned (see the Marlins). very nice swatch there.

some of the imagery in the logo is confusing and i think its far too many ideas in one, but if you break it apart, it provides some great pieces to work with. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

11 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i like the colors. that should be a great palette to work with for uniforms and marketing materials. and i think they got the pink really right. Miami colors should be sun bleached, not sunburned (see the Marlins). very nice swatch there.

some of the imagery in the logo is confusing and i think its far too many ideas in one, but if you break it apart, it provides some great pieces to work with. 

The only thing I wished that was included in the new identity would be a light shade of blue to echo the old Miami Vice colors as they have done with the pink... :(

25 minutes ago, bartodell said:

The only thing I wished that was included in the new identity would be a light shade of blue to echo the old Miami Vice colors as they have done with the pink... :(

honestly, im not a fan of that. i mean i am in a cheesey, nostalgic “remember the 80s” kind of way, but not for a new professional Miami sports team. black and pink feels right to me, and modern. i think its good to look forward with this rather than back. theres also some art deco influence here but it isnt over the top. i think theres a good balance of history and personality here. not a 50/50 balance, but like 70/30 leaning towards “new Miami”. i dig it

GRAPHIC ARTIST

Not me - I like this a lot more than re-treading another city's tired old identity.  Besides, those trademarks are still owned by the NASL.

Aside from the circular badge, Beckham's Miami club also trademarked different elements on their own - the shield, the sun, and the "M" monogram formed by the herons' legs.  

DkovjXbW4AEUvtF.jpg1*7hXklqaXAeIzFEBGmgdM1Q.jpeg

I think the shield works really well on its own, and I'd like to see that on the shirt.

The flamingos are really beautiful; I kinda wish they had forgone either the shield or roundel so that the flamingos are a bit more viable.  The name and colors are perfect though.

Now they just need to secure a stadium site and get this thing rolling for 2020.

35 minutes ago, Kaz said:

The flamingos are really beautiful; I kinda wish they had forgone either the shield or roundel so that the flamingos are a bit more viable. 

Nitpick: they're not flamingos, they're white herons.  Found only in South Florida.  A nice local touch.

lone-white-heron-sandy-florida-beach-blu

32 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

The NASL failed. 

Twice.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Not me - I like this a lot more than re-treading another city's tired old identity.  Besides, those trademarks are still owned by the NASL.

Aside from the circular badge, Beckham's Miami club also trademarked different elements on their own - the shield, the sun, and the "M" monogram formed by the herons' legs.  

DkovjXbW4AEUvtF.jpg1*7hXklqaXAeIzFEBGmgdM1Q.jpeg

I think the shield works really well on its own, and I'd like to see that on the shirt.

there you go. picking the elements apart makes for a lot of nice pieces to work with. very "responsive" logo system there. i prefer the shield as well

GRAPHIC ARTIST

Archived