Philly Eagles Add Super Bowl Champs Patch for Tonight

SportsLogos.Net News

Philly Eagles Add Super Bowl Champs Patch for Tonight

September 6, 2018 - 20:46 PM

The Philadelphia Eagles will kick-off their defence of the Super Bowl Championship tonight with a special uniform patch commemorating their victory. Affixed to the front-left corner of the chest, the logo shows a monochromatic version of the Super Bowl LII […]

Read More...

On 9/6/2018 at 5:20 PM, bkknight95 said:

am I the only one that doesn't like this trend? i understand celebrating a championship and all, but this just feels unnecessary. 

Among other reasons, it's dumb for players that weren't even on the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles last season to wear the Super Bowl Champions patch on their jerseys.  I guess it's just to sell commemorative Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles jerseys?  

Also, why is it stitched?  I thought nowadays the patches were that rubberized metallic stuff that was pressed on, no?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

47 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I guess it's just to sell commemorative Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles jerseys?  

My boss walked into work in a Nick Foles jersey with this patch on it yesterday. So to answer your question, yes.

(Well, that and my boss is dumb. She asked us which player she should order, and her argument against getting a Wentz jersey, like we suggested, was that she thinks Foles is good, and he used to be our spokesperson...before he got traded, likely not for the last time)

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Among other reasons, it's dumb for players that weren't even on the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles last season to wear the Super Bowl Champions patch on their jerseys.  I guess it's just to sell commemorative Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles jerseys?  

Also, why is it stitched?  I thought nowadays the patches were that rubberized metallic stuff that was pressed on, no?

They are rubberized, they just go back over and stitch it on because they are playing football and if they didn’t basically everyone but the kicker would have theirs torn off by half time

On 9/7/2018 at 7:18 PM, Shumway said:

My boss walked into work in a Nick Foles jersey with this patch on it yesterday. So to answer your question, yes.

(Well, that and my boss is dumb. She asked us which player she should order, and her argument against getting a Wentz jersey, like we suggested, was that she thinks Foles is good, and he used to be our spokesperson...before he got traded, likely not for the last time)

To me, I wouldn’t want a Wentz one because he didn’t play in the game and never actually wore the jersey with the patch. 

I’ll fully admit that the cash grab of selling commemorative Super Bowl jerseys worked on me though. I ordered a Malcolm Jenkins one as soon as they were released. 

1 hour ago, Gobbi said:

To me, I wouldn’t want a Wentz one because he didn’t play in the game and never actually wore the jersey with the patch. 

I’ll fully admit that the cash grab of selling commemorative Super Bowl jerseys worked on me though. I ordered a Malcolm Jenkins one as soon as they were released. 

When she was asking about which player to buy, it wasn't for a Superbowl specific jersey, just which player would be better between Wentz or Foles.

I mean, one of the two has a statue immortalizing their suggestion of Philly Philly...

1027116760-594x594.jpg?quality=85&strip=

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEmxEUbbLCw-GGf-UCcue

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 hours ago, Shumway said:

When she was asking about which player to buy, it wasn't for a Superbowl specific jersey, just which player would be better between Wentz or Foles.

Gotcha. I would’ve made the same recommendation as you then. 

On 9/9/2018 at 8:00 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

I mean, one of the two has a statue immortalizing their suggestion of Philly Philly...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEmxEUbbLCw-GGf-UCcue

They... they made a statue... of a play call?

I see the Bud Light advertisement on it. This can't be permanent, right?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

On 9/9/2018 at 9:00 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

Oh, man, if they have a statue for that ... surely they can make one of Santa getting pegged by snowballs. That's if we're going for legendary Philly sports moments.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

If NFL Films didn’t have sideline mics, that statue doesn’t exist.  Ironically, he said the wrong thing, as Philly Philly isn’t the same as Philly Special. Got it right in the huddle though. 

FWIW, “Philly Philly” is what they ran against Atlanta on Thursday night, not what was run in the super bowl. 

14 minutes ago, logoman said:

Well, to be fair, the Eagles organization is a joke, so this dumb@ss statue fits right in.

Please elaborate. 

Just a sour Patriots fan. It has nothing to do with those idiot Vikings. Never have been, never will be a Vikings fan. I have been a Patriots fan since 1976. I just hold a grudge against every team that beats the Patriots in a Super Bowl. So, the Iggles are part of that now. No big deal.

Archived