2018-19 NHL Season

ninersdd

29 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Lol....but in all realness. They look really good. The Sharks have always been another Washington Capitals. An amazing regular season team only to fizzle out in the playoffs. Well, the Caps did it. Maybe it's the Sharks year.

I hope so, although if we’re going to carry the metaphor through, the Sharks would get their Cup after Karlsson leaves. The Caps won their Cup during the season their expectations were as low as they’d been in a while. Expectations for the Sharks are now sky high. 

spacer.png

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sharks will need some offence too.

They have Tomas Hertl, a couple of other decent players, and Joe Thornton's still there too. I'm familiar with some, but unfamiliar with much of their roster. They will walk into a brick wall of offensive adversity come playoff time and usually rent-a-players aren't difference makers in the playoffs, if the Sharks decide to stock up at the deadline. I remember Marty St. Louis greatly helping the Rangers reach a Cup final, but they didn't get the Cup in the end.

I can't recall the Capitals adding any big name to their line-up, last year during their run. If they made a move, I don't remember it getting much attention.

13 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

The Sharks will need some offence too.

They have Tomas Hertl, a couple of other decent players, and Joe Thornton's still there too. I'm familiar with some, but unfamiliar with much of their roster. They will walk into a brick wall of offensive adversity come playoff time and usually rent-a-players aren't difference makers in the playoffs, if the Sharks decide to stock up at the deadline. I remember Marty St. Louis greatly helping the Rangers reach a Cup final, but they didn't get the Cup in the end.

I can't recall the Capitals adding any big name to their line-up, last year during their run. If they made a move, I don't remember it getting much attention.

Evander Kane seemed to help put some in the net down the stretch and into the playoffs.

sig.png

21 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Lol....but in all realness. They look really good. The Sharks have always been another Washington Capitals. An amazing regular season team only to fizzle out in the playoffs. Well, the Caps did it. Maybe it's the Sharks year.

I think I gave up too much hope in 2016 and considering how it seemed to be the year of the choker, I think the Sharks really missed their opportunity there. Also, it would've been something had the Preds won too, giving three fanbases their first Cup and making it four teams getting off the schnide over the decade. 

Oh well, life's a bitch and then you die. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

The NHL YouTube released this awesome video paying tribute to the teams and players on the top band of the Stanley Cup who will be removed from it. The 2017-18 Caps start a new band on the bottom. 

spacer.png

It looks like they slapped a jersey onto Chester Cheetah's pubes. Like I get that Flyers is a hard brand to turn into a mascot, but you can do much better than that.

Edmonton's mascot is still the most nightmare inducing, but this one is a very close second.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

This is really bad. It's kid-friendly. Nothing about the Philadelphia Flyers should ever be kid-friendly. His first appearance at a game should either be met with the loudest of boos, or a canvas of dead silence for one brave DelConian to yell "dude you're f-ckin' GAY!"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

46 minutes ago, the admiral said:

This is really bad. It's kid-friendly. Nothing about the Philadelphia Flyers should ever be kid-friendly. His first appearance at a game should either be met with the loudest of boos, or a canvas of dead silence for one brave DelConian to yell "dude you're f-ckin' GAY!"

Is it? It’s terrifying.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived