2018-19 NHL Season

ninersdd

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Minnesota Wild in all their misery this year finished behind the Hawks, and missed the playoffs, but of course, the Blackhawks are the team that gets a pick in the top 3 🙄

I guess you can see why Minnesota hates Chicago for the most part

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Not only that, but the Devils have won the lottery twice in the last three years now. I mean, if the NHL wanted to rig this, they would've found a way to get the 'Hawks or the Rangers into that top overall spot. The Devils? Most hockey fans still hate them for what they did to the sport 15-25 years ago and wish nothing more than to see them swim in a sea of irrelevance for the rest of their days. 

spacer.png

I'm over it. Without Lamoriello in the organization anymore they're just the Other Islanders, as opposed to the Actual Islanders, who have the actual Lamoriello.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 4/10/2019 at 9:13 PM, Kramerica Industries said:

I mean, if the NHL wanted to rig this, they would've found a way to get the 'Hawks or the Rangers into that top overall spot.

If the NHL had it their way, the Golden Knights would have won the draft lottery.

Connor McDavid winding up in Edmonton should end any discussion of whether or not the lottery is rigged. 

I still don't get why they can't do the drawing out in the open. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

7 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Connor McDavid winding up in Edmonton should end any discussion of whether or not the lottery is rigged. 

I thought Sidney Crosby ending up with the Kansas City Penguins already proved how rigged it was? 

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

They need to come up with a way that's better TV. As it is, both the NHL and NBA have this byzantine system of number combinations where the balls come up, like, 6-13-2-8 and then they have to check a big book of numbers to see which team those numbers correspond to. I think everyone wants to believe there are ping-pong balls with logos stamped on them, so maybe do that. Spin a wheel. Do something that looks better than what they do now. The NBA got it right, at least in terms of spectacle, with the Ewing draft lottery. It made sense.

I never realized how much Ralph Krueger looks like a guy named Ralph Krueger.

GettyImages-879743010.jpg?itok=QEgBqaNS&

Anyway, he's left his soccer job and apparently he could be the Sabres' coach.

38 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

I never realized how much Ralph Krueger looks like a guy named Ralph Krueger.

Yeah, he looks like he had to lay low in Argentina.

17 hours ago, the admiral said:

They need to come up with a way that's better TV. As it is, both the NHL and NBA have this byzantine system of number combinations where the balls come up, like, 6-13-2-8 and then they have to check a big book of numbers to see which team those numbers correspond to. I think everyone wants to believe there are ping-pong balls with logos stamped on them, so maybe do that. Spin a wheel. Do something that looks better than what they do now. The NBA got it right, at least in terms of spectacle, with the Ewing draft lottery. It made sense.

They should just be ping pong balls with the logos on the them. A true lottery. Or they should just put a bunch of small pieces of paper (gotta be small because the big envelopes the NBA did during the Ewing lottery were absurd and gameable) into a big drum and have an attractive lady pull them out one at a time. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

So are we already 86'ing a Press Your Luck style selection, where executives try and time up the pattern and avoid getting their version of The Whammy, The Gary?

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Archived