Hurricanes New Third Logo Concept

ECUFan25

So, since everyone is posting Canes concepts, since I actually like the Canes as well as living in Raleigh, should be able to throw my hat into the ring. I've actually known what I wanted to do for weeks now, but today was the day I finally got around to executing it today. The two things I dislike are the empty space on the left, as well as the whole outline/wave thing. If you have anything to help these critiques before I submit it, please let me know.

Thanks, 

ECUFan25

J0JcxH5.png

Maybe take some inspiration from the Islanders lighthouse logo? I agree with them and you, the left side looks empty. Also, the logo looks too calm.... if that makes any sense. The waves and the hurricane flags look like they're just waving in a normal day breeze. I would have a fiercer looking wave and flags, like a hurricane strength force wind blowing on them.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

So I listened to all your feedback and after a few tweaks, I feel this time I got much more right. I centered the lighthouse, which I didn't want to do at first, but now it looks SO much better, as well as actually using the lighthouse, sending out beacons(?) of light. I also attempted to invert the colors of the wave, which I think looks a lot better, and more oceany instead of snowy. Another thing I tried was making the background black, and the rest red to give it more of a hurricane feel. Neither of those worked out. Panthers, you posted your comment as I was writing this up, so your suggestions will come in the next wave (pun intended). Also, I find this very ironic making a concept for the Hurricanes in a hurricane.

Matt

tyb27q0.png

11 hours ago, ECUFan25 said:

So, since everyone is posting Canes concepts, since I actually like the Canes as well as living in Raleigh, should be able to throw my hat into the ring. I've actually known what I wanted to do for weeks now, but today was the day I finally got around to executing it today.

J0JcxH5.png

Nice start!

11 hours ago, ECUFan25 said:

The two things I dislike are the empty space on the left, as well as the whole outline/wave thing. If you have anything to help these critiques before I submit it, please let me know.

Thanks, 

ECUFan25

I would make the lighthouse just a little bigger. Then, in the red space area that remains, I'd add either clouds, or some rainstorm elements, or idk lightning...but definitely something that evokes a storm.

The lighthouse is there to warn that there's a storm ahead. I would continue adding more within that theme. The Sharks fin logo represents the sea, waves, and the ocean. This concept here I'd make it a bit more rugged to set it apart more. :)

I agree with habsfan. The more you can represent the storm, the better. I'm thinking more jagged shapes. It's a great start and really progressing, I love the beacons. I also prefer the 2nd one because of the removal of the Hurricanes primary. 

Just an idea, but could you "shear" that logo to give it more of a dynamic feel? Instead of a perfect circle, the outside shape would be more of an oval like the Hurricanes primary shape. 

Archived