Sign in to follow this  
SportsLogos.Net News

Winnipeg Jets Unveil New Alternate Uniform

I wish the navy stripes were red. It's not a bad uniform. The word mark could be more creative. I keep wanting to think of ways to cross the T with a jet, but I don't see how you avoid the body shape comparisons. It would have been better if it was a throwback, but it beats a black or grey jersey. 

The striping is the worst part.

The Jets feel ridiculous pressure to tie things to Jets 1.0. In this case, the absurdly bland 90s stripes.

Kinda hard to judge without numbers or pants or the rest of the ensemble. I have the feeling that the entire set as a whole may wind up being greater than this one part. Still, a shoulder patch or a little bit of red or grey in the striping would have been nice.

I dig it. Not surprised that they did not go with red, simply due to the fact that plenty of teams already wear blue and red and that most of their branding uses dual blue. I think that this look has a nice fauxback kind of charm to it.

33 minutes ago, NickNolanPhD said:

I wish the navy stripes were red. It's not a bad uniform. The word mark could be more creative. I keep wanting to think of ways to cross the T with a jet, but I don't see how you avoid the body shape comparisons. It would have been better if it was a throwback, but it beats a black or grey jersey. 

The "T" is crossed with a Jet, my friend.

Really Reminds me of the First penguins winter classic jersey. Not a bad alternate look for the jets.

s-l300.jpg

2 minutes ago, Placebo said:

I sort of see it, it's sleek. I guess that's about the best you can do. I was thinking the red jet that was in the 90s logo, and that really made me feel it could be interesting looking to say the least. 

1 minute ago, NickNolanPhD said:

I sort of see it, it's sleek. I guess that's about the best you can do. I was thinking the red jet that was in the 90s logo, and that really made me feel it could be interesting looking to say the least. 

Yeah, it is definitely subtle.

No shoulders patches or anything, it does feel really bland. I’ll have to wait until I see the full uniform to pass judgment 

The wordmark is gorgeous, actually better than their primary IMO. Outside of that, this could really use some shoulder logos and maybe a splash of red. Still, they look nice as of now.

Much like the new Sharks 3rd, this crosses a line from "simple" to "barren." Maybe the number treatment can salvage it, or maybe there's something on the shoulders we can't see in this image.  But as it stands, there's not enough happening here for a good look.

It needs something on the shoulders. The primary, maybe a new alternate mark. Something. Without that? It’s just too bland. 

2 hours ago, Placebo said:

Th T reminds me more of the tail of a DC-9 style airplane

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiCH3ukcSW7JWADuDSdcp

I wish this jersey had shoulder logos...but I think it'll look pretty sharp in game action over pads. Kinda reminds me a good OHL/CHL jersey for some reason.

It's pleasant to look at, but a bit underwhelming. It's the sort of thing I'd go for if I was just looking to buy a generic hockey jersey.