Sign in to follow this  
astone11

Onward for the Brown & Gold

Rebrand for my alma mater Western Michigan University. We aren't sure if we are black, gold, old gold, grey, or brown. I think the Brown and Old Gold is a great scheme and it's time to return to our roots. Enjoy.

Page%201_zpsmik8rpnm.png

Page%202_zpsmfvor3zl.png

Page%203_zpsv28jc9xx.png

Screen%20Shot%202018-09-16%20at%2010.06.

Uniforms to follow!

I think the big issue here, is that when I see Brown and Gold and college football with a bucking horse, the first thought is the Wyoming Cowboys.

1 hour ago, Darknes said:

I think the big issue here, is that when I see Brown and Gold and college football with a bucking horse, the first thought is the Wyoming Cowboys.

Second that.I would try the current colors with the concept logo.

9 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

Second that.I would try the current colors with the concept logo.

I understand the thought process behind that. However, WMU's history is what is it is. The whole idea is to return to the beginnings of Western State Normal School. If Wyoming has similar colors then so be it. Maybe a brown and vegas gold color scheme would be better suited for it?

I am also seeing Wyoming. Both are brown and gold, and with this concept, both use a similar western-looking font. It looks like you directly took Wyoming's logo, erased the Cowboy, and flipped it.

1292_wyoming_cowboys-alternate-2013.png

46 minutes ago, slapshot said:

I am also seeing Wyoming. Both are brown and gold, and with this concept, both use a similar western-looking font. It looks like you directly took Wyoming's logo, erased the Cowboy, and flipped it.

1292_wyoming_cowboys-alternate-2013.png

Thanks for the feedback. I can assure you that is not the process I took :)

9 hours ago, astone11 said:

Thanks for the feedback. I can assure you that is not the process I took :)

Nobody said that that's what you did. What was said was that the logo, along with the color scheme, LOOKS like Wyoming's bucking horse with the cowboy removed. If the university were to actually come out with this concept, Wyoming would sue and win. The colors are identical and the logo is similar enough to cause confusion.

That's why sticking with the current colors (the lighter brown and the old gold, with some white trim maybe), would do wonders here.

3 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

Nobody said that that's what you did. What was said was that the logo, along with the color scheme, LOOKS like Wyoming's bucking horse with the cowboy removed. If the university were to actually come out with this concept, Wyoming would sue and win. The colors are identical and the logo is similar enough to cause confusion.

That's why sticking with the current colors (the lighter brown and the old gold, with some white trim maybe), would do wonders here.

The really great thing about this is that the university is not going to actually do this. This is a fictional concept based on the actual history of Western Michigan University. It's a concept. For fun! 

4 hours ago, astone11 said:

The really great thing about this is that the university is not going to actually do this. This is a fictional concept based on the actual history of Western Michigan University. It's a concept. For fun! 

Do you want feedback or not, that’s kinda the point of posting. 

20 hours ago, astone11 said:

Oh f*** off.

Not gonna lie, I thought it was a concept for Wyoming until I read the comments