Buffalo Wild Wings new look

Dilbert

I pretty much stopped going because food quality went downhill and they essentially became a place where Mom and Dad could go to drink with friends while their minion offspring run around the bar unsupervised, parents drive home with kids intoxicated and the kids arrive in a tshirt and gym shorts in 32/0 degree weather. Parenting at its finest.

Signature intentionally left blank

6 hours ago, C-Squared said:

I would pay $20 to hear the designer speak to justify these inconsequential changes.

I'd pay $20 to hear what the client asked the designer to do.  It's very likely all they wanted done.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I'd pay $20 to hear what the client asked the designer to do.  It's very likely all they wanted done.

We can backhandedly speculate until time ends. From what I've seen from local locations, this aggressive new logo should fuel their actual rebrand from "Buffalo Wild Wings" to "Now Leasing."

On 9/17/2018 at 1:26 PM, Olmec said:

On a side note, I'll never understand the appeal/popularity of this place. Overpriced, mediocre chain food. Any locally owned sports bar has better wings and beer on game days.

Yup and consistently the worst service for a restaurant at every location I've ever been to. Once waited for over an hour for our food and when my wife and I walked out the waitresses tried to stop us from leaving....Waitress as we walked out: "But your food is ready now" my wife :"Too bad!!!"

When I clicked on the thread, given the string of brutalist wordmark "refreshes" as of late...I was half expecting the Bison to have been removed and the word "Buffalo Wild Wings," in black, but now in Impact font.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

On 9/17/2018 at 4:26 PM, Olmec said:

On a side note, I'll never understand the appeal/popularity of this place. Overpriced, mediocre chain food. Any locally owned sports bar has better wings and beer on game days.

Most of them by where I live they are the nearest restaurant to about 3-4 different movie theaters. So people just give up and go in rather than walk another 100 ft.  

Back when they were still BW3 (Weck) they had pretty good food.  I remember eating at a few locations maybe 20 years back.  Even after they dropped the third W, the food was mostly good.  

Seems like a lot of chain restaurants (Applebees, Chilis, etc) did a massive rebrand around the mid-2000s and they've pretty much been all for the worse.  Generic, samey-same food across a ton of different places.  I shouldn't be able to order the same thai-fusion quesadilla at like 15 different chains. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

2 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Back when they were still BW3 (Weck) they had pretty good food.  I remember eating at a few locations maybe 20 years back.  Even after they dropped the third W, the food was mostly good.  

Seems like a lot of chain restaurants (Applebees, Chilis, etc) did a massive rebrand around the mid-2000s and they've pretty much been all for the worse.  Generic, samey-same food across a ton of different places.  I shouldn't be able to order the same thai-fusion quesadilla at like 15 different chains. 

Private equity firms starting to buy up fast casual and casual dining chains like crazy.  

And yesterday, Buffalo Wild Wing's parent, Inspire Brands, who is backed by private equity Roark Capital, bought Sonic for $2.3B

Archived