Alliance of American Football - Team Names and Logos

WideRight

11 hours ago, WideRight said:

Good arguments can be made for the Wranglers, Panthers and Breakers, all of which are top 10 all time.  NFL has Rams, Eagles, Vikings and Seahawks at the top ( guess I love wrap around).  WLAF or XFL both stuck to logo on side models that were not as inventive, though some of the logos were good.  

The Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles might need to consider a redesign or at least tweak, as the "wrap around" no longer works on the modern helmets:

cgzx4hiruyxlbrz9z7kh

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, mkg74 said:

JACKSONVILLE-BULLS-1984-1985-Authentic-GAMEDAY-Football-Helmet-USFL-_57.jpg

I'd kind of forgotten about those.  They were also great helmets.

s-l300.jpgjax_bulls.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 10/14/2018 at 12:56 PM, CrimsonBull9584 said:

41401091_1722427911220294_53395187669521

41356872_470699136774740_268194237439215

Looks like it would have made more sense for the West to be the Stars Division and the East be the Stripes Division.  That's what it looks like they were trying to do before they just went with East and West. 

6 minutes ago, kmccarthy27 said:

Looks like it would have made more sense for the West to be the Stars Division and the East be the Stripes Division.  That's what it looks like they were trying to do before they just went with East and West. 

Yea, also the ball should be on the east for Eastern and vice versa. They totally reversed it. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2018 at 3:57 PM, BengalsJunkie said:

the ball is not supposed to be the part that points direction. the ball is supposed to be a center point. that's why the eastern conference is on the eastern side of the ball while the western conference is on the western side.

That makes sense when they're shown together as a single logo, but on their own, they look reversed to me.

4 hours ago, bowld said:

Why is the sleeve logo so small? Kids jersey?

It's Reddit, probably someone fantasizing what they'll look like. The sleeve stripes are each individually sewn on, small logo and no Starter logo. I have a feeling no team would be using an inaugural season badge unless it's one for the entire league. And even that badge would be much larger.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

17 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

When laid out like this it makes sense.

F5829-A48-1-D77-4550-AD7-E-EDB55-A75-F5-

i think we’ll see this very layout used, so it makes since with the way they did it. very easy to see this in a Gameday book or on their homepage to show the conferences. 

so that brings the concept around to this being the best solution, having the banners point to their repsective directions. 

it needs full context to be able to understand the reasoning behind these things, even team branding. i think the design of everything has been solid, but the rollout of “here’s a logo” leaves alot to be desired; or understood. the team videos didnt help IMO. i really want to see more of the thought and decision making behind these things. without, it leaves everyone a bit confused

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

55 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i really want to see more of the thought and decision making behind these things. without, it leaves everyone a bit confused. 

I'd rather they leave it ambiguous rather than give us some BS marketing speak like "The blue represents the loyalty of the Salt Lake fans" or some such. 

Archived