Alliance of American Football - Team Names and Logos

WideRight

43706250_327594441126153_414563484464752

Certainly looks like a replica or retail jersey. I'd imagine that on the actual jersey the patches will be larger and the team name will be on it. Otherwise, looks good to me. Can't wait to see the real thing and the uniforms for the others.

I REALLY can't wait until the reveal the helmets. I'm going to collect all 8, I just hope they get Riddell to make the mini helmets.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

43706250_327594441126153_414563484464752

Certainly looks like a replica or retail jersey. I'd imagine that on the actual jersey the patches will be larger and the team name will be on it. Otherwise, looks good to me. Can't wait to see the real thing and the uniforms for the others.

I REALLY can't wait until the reveal the helmets. I'm going to collect all 8, I just hope they get Riddell to make the mini helmets.

That's way too much work for a replica or fan jersey. It's missing a jock tag too. I'm not sold on this being the actual look. That number font screams 1995 too. And if you're going with the year as a placeholder it would be 19.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

19 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

That's way too much work for a replica or fan jersey. It's missing a jock tag too. I'm not sold on this being the actual look. That number font screams 1995 too. And if you're going with the year as a placeholder it would be 19.

i'm a little skeptical as well, but the number is not supposed to represent the year. other pics revealed that it is a garrett grayson jersey.

81Co%2BFdluuL._SL1300_.jpg

I'd expect any replicas to look more like this than what was previously shown. Most of the players will be unknowns so they'll want to save money and probably opt to let fans cstomize their own uniforms online and use a generic number across the board like the XFL did. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like all the uniforms will be revealed next Tuesday at the QB Draft watch parties and then online.  Any predictions?  Here are my big questions:

1. Will there be a team with a white helmet or will they all be darker?   My guess is Memphis for the White helmet or no one.

2. How will Arizona combine their 3 colors?  Will they try to imitate the actual uniforms of the Hotshots (yellow helmets/shirts and green pants?)

3. Will any team do the unitard thing with the same color jersey, pants and socks?  My guess would be either no or Birmingham.

4. Will San Diego downplay the yellow and basically have uniforms in Dark & Light Grey?  I really hope not.  I think Yellow + Charcoal is better than a dual grey uni.

5. Orlando helmets: Navy, White or Orange?   I am hoping for Orange, but a lot of their marketing uses a navy background. 

Thoughts?Insert other media

Announced a few hours ago that Riddell is the official protective partner of the AAF.  Will be wearing the Speed and Speed Flex, no mention of Precision Fit.  Could be a solid move by both parties and opens up the door for Schutt or VICIS to make a play at the XFL.  

I am not holding my breath for the uniform reveals tomorrow night in hopes that I’ll be pleasantly surprised.  

12 hours ago, Volt said:

Announced a few hours ago that Riddell is the official protective partner of the AAF.  Will be wearing the Speed and Speed Flex, no mention of Precision Fit.  Could be a solid move by both parties and opens up the door for Schutt or VICIS to make a play at the XFL.  

I am not holding my breath for the uniform reveals tomorrow night in hopes that I’ll be pleasantly surprised.  

I feel like that could open the AAF to a liability. The VICIS has the best performance, according to the NFL. That means that unless the league lets players wear the VICIS without branding, they would prohibit their players from potentially getting the best protection.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

So every team is going to have contrasting sleeve caps and a pattern up the sides of the jerseys?

I don’t hate the ones posted, but if they’re all following a similar template that’s a little disappointing 

On 10/3/2018 at 9:33 AM, WideRight said:

ATLANTA:   Want-- Purple helmets & Jerseys, Metallic gold pants.

Will likely get-- Purple helets & jerseys, matte gold/tan pants. 

BIRMINGHAM:  Want--Black helmets, black jersey with 2 tone silver/grey yoke, metallic silver pants

Will likely get--black helmets, black jersey, matte grey pants

MEMPHIS:  Want-- White helmet (with tapered stripe), red jersey, white pants

Will likely get-- Red helmet, red jersey, white pants

ORLANDO:  Want-- Orange helmet, Navy jersey (with orange yoke or sleeves), white pants

Will likely get-- Navy helmet, navy jersey, white pants

ARIZONA:  Want-- Green helmet, green jersey, yellow pants

Will likely get-- Green helmet, green jersey, yellow pants  

SALT LAKE:  Want-- Silver helmet, royal jersey (with sky yoke), silver pants

Will likely get-- Royal helmet, royal jersey, matte grey pants

SAN ANTONIO:  Want-- maroon helmet, maroon jersey, silver pants

Will likely get-- silver helmet, maroon jersey, matte grey pants

SAN DIEGO:  Want-- Charcoal helmet, yellow jersey with charcoal/silver yoke or shoulders, charcoal pants

Will likely get-- Charcoal helmet, charcoal jersey, white pants

The pics shown above are Memphis, Arizona, Atlanta and San Diego respectively

28 minutes ago, jn8 said:

So every team is going to have contrasting sleeve caps and a pattern up the sides of the jerseys?

I don’t hate the ones posted, but if they’re all following a similar template that’s a little disappointing 

At least it's not like the UFL templates from the first year. 

Of the ones posted so far, I put Orlando and Memphis at No. 1 and 2.  I really like the Orlando uniform (at least based on what we can see so far . . . keeping in mind that the orange insert/side panel on the jersey might turn out to be a little much when it is more visible).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived