Alliance of American Football - Team Names and Logos

WideRight

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "ATL" down the sides of Atlanta's jersey is one of the most incongruous things I've seen outside of a second-tier board concept.

Overall, though, I like a lot of what's being offered here, even if it is all on the busy side. The double-red of San Antonio works very nicely.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It's a whole gambit of emotion. really creative stuff...really big misses of some great opportunities.

• Birmingham going with the plain black helmet...expected. However, they come off looking like some generic "final boss" team you'd have to unlock in Madden. 
  • ATL not doing the "forward-facing crown" is a bummer
  • Arizona's helmet stripe featuring their "AZ" logo is an awesome and creative surprise.
  • San Antonio's helmet is a mess of elements fighting for attention.
  • Orlando's decal is by the looks of it positioned waaaay too far back on the helmet. I know what they were trying to do, but it's disappointing given their clean uniforms.
  • Memphis' look from top to bottom is top-notch.
  • The Fleet's striping pattern will probably be lost on many folks. They look like walking road-construction warnings.
  • Hopefully the Stallions' colors don't "fight" each other in real life the way that they are doing so in the pictures. Not enough contrast between the silver and the blues.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

The Alliance Unveils Uniforms for All Eight Charter Teams

November 27, 2018 - 20:43 PM

The eight charter members of the new Alliance of American Football unveiled their inaugural season uniforms this afternoon. With jerseys by Starter and helmets by Riddell, the AAF’s slate of uniforms for 2019 range between some teams getting creative, colourful […]

Read More...

Orlando’s look is a bit disappointing, less orange than I would’ve hoped, my favorites so far are Arizona and Memphis, those are also the two best helmets, the color scheme works surprisingly well for AZ.

While I like the idea for numbers on the helmets, they seem a bit high and some teams they don’t work for at all, like San Diego and San Antonio, Orlando’s helmet would be much better without the number aswell. Memphis took something most of the time I hate and made it work really well, the gradient helmet. 

The look Im most surprised by is Birmingham and SLC, expected more silver for the Iron and expected less for SLC, but they both make it work well!

Stallions look like a better Detroit and all black is really menacing looking and I love it

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

My very quick assessment:

Orlando-- Cleanest look.  I was hoping for an orange helmet, but I like the oversized/back-emphasis archer design with the large number.  The rest of the uniform looks solid, though I worry what the underarm design is.  If it is another bow, that may be too much. 

Memphis-- Much better than I expected.  I am happy they did not put the E on the helmet.  The plane alone works better and the 2-tone is not as horrid as the Jags had. 

Arizona-- Probably my favorite.  Guess I will be a Hotshots fan.  Love the use of a yellow jersey.  The helmet stripe is inventive without being too much.  I am not a fan of using a logo  on one side and a number on the other, but since so many teams in the AAF are doing that, I cannot fault AZ just for this. 

San Diego-- I like the Navy (NCAA) inspired helmet design (better with 2 logos instead of number) and the use of the two greys in the uniform.  Not sure if yellow socks really helps. 

San Antonio-- The helmet is trying to do too much.  Either the sword/alamo 2 color design or the logo but not both.  I think the jerseys are also doing too much.  Either shoulder yoke or side stripes but both here, with 3 colors, is a lot. 

San Antonio-- The 2 blues seem too close together to work well and I am not a fan of grey socks here.  Darken the royal and it works better.  I also think the helmet logo takes the least obvious part of the horse image and makes it too big.  Who looks at that and thinks "mane" instead of "wings"?  I would have gone with the logo here instead of the mane  only.

Atlanta-- Sparkle purple?  Is that a thing?  The ATL would have been better on the pants, and I think they missed a chance to do more with the crown.  At the very least use the 2 color Gold + White crown instead of just the gold.  

Birmingham-- All black unitard with a logo-less helmet?  They have 2 greys to work with I would have expected the pants to use one of them.  The most basic of the uniforms, but why no logo?  they have a solid grey on grey logo they could use and it would work.  Or, at the very least, add some hex-bolts onto the stripe to give it more of a metal look.

Overall, a solid, consistent design across the board.  Nothing truly offensive, but some missed opportunities here.  Looks like prime fodder for folks on this board to do some tweaking and demonstrate how minor modifications could improve the look for season 2.  

For the uniforms having somewhat of a template, they all manage to have their own identity. That’s a plus. I also respect some of the creative risks they took to help each team stand out.

Some work better than others, but I don’t see any outright messes here. Maybe San Antonio might have one too many things going on, but it still manages to look decent. I’d say there is room for improvement, but not bad for their first run.

I hate asymetric helmets and over half the league is doing it. 😠 San Antonio should have taken that logo on the back of the helmet and put it on the sleeves.  Orlando ans Salt Lake are the best looking teams. Birmingham is an all black version of Bama.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, AgentColon2 said:

These teams seem to contrast enough that I wonder if white jerseys will even be necessary.

Arizona only needs the one uniform. Same for San Antonio. Orlando and Salt Lake would need a second jersey. Atlanta and San Diego would clash as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

As many have already stated, these are pleasantly surprising. I had little hope for these, but they actually turned out great (for the most part). San Diego and Houston are my top favorites. 

It cannot be understated just how fine the line between boring Madden relocation team and absolutely garbage trying to hard is, and they managed to do very well.

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

Archived