Alliance of American Football - Team Names and Logos

WideRight

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m watching the Commanders/Fleet game and thinking how much greater the Commanders logo would be if they made the sword smaller or got rid of it completely. Because that would easily become my second favorite logo if they did that.

1 minute ago, Gary. said:

I’m watching the Commanders/Fleet game and thinking how much greater the Commanders logo would be if they made the sword smaller or got rid of it completely. Because that would easily become my second favorite logo if they did that.

And that San Diego's drop shadows should be gold instead of grey. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It feels weird seeing these Starter uniforms because they still use the old Front Mesh-Style templates. It might not be better for performance, but it sure looks better in my opinion than any of Nike’s Speed Machine,  aloe Untouchable, or whatever they come up with in 2 years. (Outside of the Logo Collar thing. That sucks)

da0Lbhs.png

6 hours ago, daniel75 said:

I give it 2 years.

What’s up with people hating on attempts to have another pro football league in the US? 

It’s bizarre people are happy with a billionaire-run cartel that holds cities hostage for taxpayer handouts and is so profit-centered you have to pay $100 for a replica jersey.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

48 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

What’s up with people hating on attempts to have another pro football league in the US? 

It’s bizarre people are happy with a billionaire-run cartel that holds cities hostage for taxpayer handouts and is so profit-centered you have to pay $100 for a replica jersey.

Lots of "almost millionaires" playing for one more shot at the NFL. I like it. And their salary is a bit less than mine, but then I work year round like a dog and they get to play football. And they risk traumatic injury, not carpal tunnel and basic office stress like me. 

1 hour ago, TenaciousG said:

Heard someone who went to the Apollos game say generic jerseys were about $90 and ones with NOBs went for $108.  Just in the crowd shots I hardly saw anybody wearing team merchandise so I can't imagine it was cheap.

IUe6Hvh.png

8 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

IDK if this attempt will work, because it's a tough feat, but I like what they're doing with the game. 

1) The focus is on being a developmental complement to the NFL, so it's in no way competition aside from being another football league.

2) They have heavily involved people with NFL experience, including their deliberate coaching choices, and want to seem as legitimate as possible.

3) The rule changes come off as experimentation/evolution rather than a gimmick.

However, I don't give a :censored: about watching, letting alone shelling out cash to, this league. It's realistic to assume/predict that this attempt fails like the others. But I commend the effort personally, especially if they don't try to get too big for their britches.

I would say that the inaugural looks of all the teams are well done. Nobody looks horrifying and there are some solid sets/logos. Aside from the logo looking a little blank, the Fleet's uniform was unique without seeming stale or busy, for instance.

Archived