Alliance of American Football - Team Names and Logos

WideRight

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

At least the helmet and pants contrast.

I presume that is also the logic behind the shoulder caps. They add to the color differentiation as the game is being played.

This is why so many of us are opposed to color on color match ups. It LOOKS minor league (because it IS minor league).

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Hmmm those orange sock are really going to look out of place with these alts

As they seem to be building singular identities (saving money) by staying with one jersey unless absolutely necessary, I doubt they invested in different sock colors. :)

15 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Even with the wrong number font, the Apollos new blue jerseys look... good? with the rest of the uniform

I am a bit old school. I like the clean, standardized look of the Memphis and Orlando clash jerseys. No side panels, sleeve caps, or shoulder yokes.  Maybe Starter is showing off their basic edition catalog...  Clean but nondescript, if you could buy one folks would think you just like blue with orange trim. 

If they want to keep one uniform, they could have avoided this if they gave Orlando orange primary uniforms.  Week two against the Commanders might've been an issue but I think if they had blue pants it would've been fine.

The blue uniform looking nothing like the white jersey looks cheap and makes the league look unprepared for something they had to have known was going to happen.

edit: Especially not a great look when the giant number on your helmets is different from the uniform numbers.

IUe6Hvh.png

24 minutes ago, See Red said:

If they want to keep one uniform, they could have avoided this if they gave Orlando orange primary uniforms.  Week two against the Commanders might've been an issue but I think if they had blue pants it would've been fine.

The blue uniform looking nothing like the white jersey looks cheap and makes the league look unprepared for something they had to have known was going to happen.

edit: Especially not a great look when the giant number on your helmets is different from the uniform numbers.

Lack of attendance looks way worse. Outside of this board, people don't realize that the blue and white uniforms are different.

By the way, was it a problem for you when the Minnesota Vikings wore different templates home and away?

It's where I sit.

12 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Lack of attendance looks way worse. Outside of this board, people don't realize that the blue and white uniforms are different.

By the way, was it a problem for you when the Minnesota Vikings wore different templates home and away?

Nope.  It's less a problem of different templates, really.  It's more because the team's President said they only had white uniforms a few weeks ago and then tonight they come out in really cheap looking uniforms, completely lacking some of the unique elements the league's other uniforms have (namely the side panel and pant stripes).  Also that, despite a completely unique number font, they have one that looks like it's directly out of a catalog.  This is also the second time a team has come out in uniforms we didn't know they have that look like they were put together at the last second.  Even on Reddit I've seen a few people comment that they (and the Express uniforms from week one) look cheap and rushed and you can't say anything bad about the league over there.

Yeah, the lack of attendance isn't that great but I sure wouldn't expect anybody to show up in this weather for a team they have little connection to.

IUe6Hvh.png

The whole bailout has changed my view of the league. Before, I thought quirks like this were endearing parts of a startup operation. Now, they’re just marks of a second-rate and under-capitalized organization struggling to survive that might not be worth my time. 

Archived