Alliance of American Football - Team Names and Logos

WideRight

20 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

The league's already said they wanted just one jersey to focus on for branding. These are simply for clashes. 

If that’s really what they wanted to do, they should have considered that in designing the uniforms.  There doesn’t have to be any clashes in an eight-team league. 

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

The whole bailout has changed my view of the league. Before, I thought quirks like this were endearing parts of a startup operation. Now, they’re just marks of a second-rate and under-capitalized organization struggling to survive that might not be worth my time. 

For the millionth time, it was NOT a bailout! What I can now clarify is that he was interested in the league when Ebersol approached him last year. He wasn't convinced, but after the first two weeks of play, he was convinced at the viability of the league and AT THAT MOMENT decided to invest. He didn't bail anyone out as there was nothing to bail out from!

11 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

For the millionth time, it was NOT a bailout! What I can now clarify is that he was interested in the league when Ebersol approached him last year. He wasn't convinced, but after the first two weeks of play, he was convinced at the viability of the league and AT THAT MOMENT decided to invest. He didn't bail anyone out as there was nothing to bail out from!

You're kind of splitting hairs here. If the league, as has been reported, was on the verge of shutting down after one week, and suddenly it gets an infusion of cash, it's a bailout, whether that was the investor's intention or not. 

2 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

You can shout from the rooftops all you want. Those of us on the outside see it as we see it.

After the season if you can share more information, please do. Until then, I'm not sure that there is much you can do.

It's where I sit.

4 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

You can repeat it another million times, that won’t make it true. 

The league needed cash to make payrol.  That’s not in dispute. Ebersol reached out to him and the very next day Dundon was not only a large investor but also the chairman.  That’s not in dispute either.

Youre asking us to believe that the two things had absolutely nothing to do with each other.  Which isn’t really plausible. 

17 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

The league needed cash to make payrol.  That’s not in dispute. Ebersol reached out to him and the very next day Dundon was not only a large investor but also the chairman.  That’s not in dispute either.

Youre asking us to believe that the two things had absolutely nothing to do with each other.  Which isn’t really plausible. 

You're also asking us to believe a billionaire just handed over millions of dollars the very next day after being solicited? 

Look, I hope the league lasts. It’s fun to watch, the rule experiments are great, it gives guys more jobs, and I think it’s a visually interesting product with some decent team identities. But it’s hard to be optimistic after the reports. That’s all. 

I didn’t say that they hadn’t been talking before.  I’m sure they were.

But Dundon was pretty clear - Ebersol came to him with an offer, and the AAF had his first payment the following day.

Seems most likely that he was intending to become an investor at some point down the road, and most likely had already had advanced negotiations.  But after Week 1 Ebersol came to him in desperation with a new timeline and a new deal and Dundon took full avantage of it.  Because, as we said: bailout. 

53 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

That is not what happened. Since the day I started working with the AAF, they have not missed a single payment! I've always been payed on time, even my expense report has been taken care of in a timely fashion. If I, someone on the support staff, not a player, and, frankly, down toward the bottom of the food chain, is not having payment problems, then why would they fail to pay the players? The problem with getting the players their money was NOT because of lack of funds but because of a problem with the payment system. (The payment system that the players are on is diffrent from that of the staff.) That is what has been told and that is the truth. Why are we even debating this? Two separate issues, both of which have reasonable explanations, happened to happen within an few days of each other, and all these conspiracy theories star popping up. There was no bailout. There is no problem.

4 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

That is not what happened. Since the day I started working with the AAF, they have not missed a single payment! I've always been payed on time, even my expense report has been taken care of in a timely fashion. If I, someone on the support staff, not a player, and, frankly, down toward the bottom of the food chain, is not having payment problems, then why would they fail to pay the players? The problem with getting the players their money was NOT because of lack of funds but because of a problem with the payment system. (The payment system that the players are on is diffrent from that of the staff.) That is what has been told and that is the truth. Why are we even debating this? Two separate issues, both of which have reasonable explanations, happened to happen within an few days of each other, and all these conspiracy theories star popping up. There was no bailout. There is no problem.

Player payroll is an exponentially greater expense.

San Antonio now wearing the At Home patch. They've made sure to have it match the jersey color which tends to make it disappear at times. 

I've also noticed that players wearing the Shutt Vengeance tend to appear to have the top of the Alamo cut off due to the plates on top of the helmets, but when up close you can see they are painted in the same manner as Salt Lake and the paint didn't stay on the top parts of the plates, creating a framing affect.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

@BJ Sands @Gothamite @CrimsonBull9584

We have ave an AAF thread in the Sports in General subforum. Please take any arguments about the AAF’s finances there. This is a thread dedicated to the league’s uniforms and logos. 

7 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

San Antonio now wearing the At Home patch. They've made sure to have it match the jersey color which tends to make it disappear at times. 

I've also noticed that players wearing the Shutt Vengeance tend to appear to have the top of the Alamo cut off due to the plates on top of the helmets, but when up close you can see they are painted in the same manner as Salt Lake and the paint didn't stay on the top parts of the plates, creating a framing affect.

YsiOcOl.jpg

So apparently Williams' plate is on upside down which is what was confusing me! 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived