Alliance of American Football - Team Names and Logos

WideRight

Did anyone else occasionally think Salt Lake was at Memphis due to the field? I was watching on the app so didn't have the audio cues of commentary. Also, they're getting better at providing info on the app. They show the score and down and distance though it seems tied to the web page which is behind the actual gameplay by 10-15 seconds.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Did anyone else occasionally think Salt Lake was at Memphis due to the field? I was watching on the app so didn't have the audio cues of commentary. Also, they're getting better at providing info on the app. They show the score and down and distance though it seems tied to the web page which is behind the actual gameplay by 10-15 seconds.

No, but the Stallions had no other real option within Salt Lake City/County but Rice Eccles Stadium. Maybe next season the AAF will throw in some extra money so they can paint over the Utes field markings.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

No, but the Stallions had no other real option within Salt Lake City/County but Rice Eccles Stadium. Maybe next season the AAF will throw in some extra money so they can paint over the Utes field markings.

Dollars to donuts there’s no team in Salt Lake next season. That attendance is pitiful. 

Anyway, liked the Fleet’s new white uniforms. Didn’t feel as much like an afterthought as some of the other change kits we’ve seen. 

If I could make slight changes to the Fleet's white jerseys I'd make the collar and cuffs dark gray. Then change the number outline/shadow to yellow. You can barely see the light gray outline on a white jersey.

4 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Can the Utes Field Markings be painted over?  I know they cannot be removed. 

If only Real SLC was open to allowing the AAF to use RIo Tinto Stadium.  That would be a great venue for the AAF (as would most MLS stadiums) but I understand why they don't want to do that.  Football really destroys grass fields in a way that soccer just doesn't, plus unless there was a way to wash away the football lines after the game, it would ruin the look of the nice, clean soccer pitch. 

On 3/18/2019 at 7:48 AM, MJWalker45 said:

Ideally they should replace the turf during the season. 

And who is "they"?  AAF knew what they were getting from the start. 

On 3/18/2019 at 12:06 PM, WideRight said:

If only Real SLC was open to allowing the AAF to use RIo Tinto Stadium.  That would be a great venue for the AAF (as would most MLS stadiums) but I understand why they don't want to do that.  Football really destroys grass fields in a way that soccer just doesn't, plus unless there was a way to wash away the football lines after the game, it would ruin the look of the nice, clean soccer pitch. 

RSL might have had a price which Ebersol and AAF weren't willing to pay.

9 hours ago, crosfam said:

Orlando has announced they will wear alt dark blue jerseys again, this time in Atlanta. If Atlanta is in purple as expected  this makes little sense. 

Atlanta breaking out a white jersey?

1 hour ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Yes.

It seems weird that they do this when it wasn't necessarily required. But if it looks similar to the regular jersey that's good. If it's plain white with numbers that don't match the purple jersey it'll get laughed at pretty hard.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

44 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Not too bad. Honestly their helmets may look better being worn with white jerseys.

Think the Iron will debut a white jersey tomorrow at Memphis?

28 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Not too bad. Honestly their helmets may look better being worn with white jerseys.

Think the Iron will debut a white jersey tomorrow at Memphis?

The helmet will definitely look better with the white jerseys.  The one thing that bothers me about their uniforms is the mismatched purples.

I think the iron alternate should be gray since they don't have any white on their black uniforms.  It would fit their identity better.

IUe6Hvh.png

Home/Away should've been done from the start.  It's resulted in an amateur-unveiling process mid-season and again just reeks of this league's unpreparedness.  The failure to do this from the start was a major missed marketing opportunity, but that about sums up the entire league's brand rollout. 

It looks like the XFL was much smarter in taking 2 years to ramp up and get started, and that the AAF made the original XFL's mistake and rushed it.  Here's hoping the XFL's branding continues to be strong and that they make their team name/mascot/uniform unveilings extremely special.

Archived