WideRight

Alliance of American Football - Team Names and Logos

Did anyone else occasionally think Salt Lake was at Memphis due to the field? I was watching on the app so didn't have the audio cues of commentary. Also, they're getting better at providing info on the app. They show the score and down and distance though it seems tied to the web page which is behind the actual gameplay by 10-15 seconds.

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Did anyone else occasionally think Salt Lake was at Memphis due to the field? I was watching on the app so didn't have the audio cues of commentary. Also, they're getting better at providing info on the app. They show the score and down and distance though it seems tied to the web page which is behind the actual gameplay by 10-15 seconds.

No, but the Stallions had no other real option within Salt Lake City/County but Rice Eccles Stadium. Maybe next season the AAF will throw in some extra money so they can paint over the Utes field markings.

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

No, but the Stallions had no other real option within Salt Lake City/County but Rice Eccles Stadium. Maybe next season the AAF will throw in some extra money so they can paint over the Utes field markings.

Dollars to donuts there’s no team in Salt Lake next season. That attendance is pitiful. 

Anyway, liked the Fleet’s new white uniforms. Didn’t feel as much like an afterthought as some of the other change kits we’ve seen. 

If I could make slight changes to the Fleet's white jerseys I'd make the collar and cuffs dark gray. Then change the number outline/shadow to yellow. You can barely see the light gray outline on a white jersey.

4 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Can the Utes Field Markings be painted over?  I know they cannot be removed. 

5 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Can the Utes Field Markings be painted over?  I know they cannot be removed. 

Ideally they should replace the turf during the season. 

If only Real SLC was open to allowing the AAF to use RIo Tinto Stadium.  That would be a great venue for the AAF (as would most MLS stadiums) but I understand why they don't want to do that.  Football really destroys grass fields in a way that soccer just doesn't, plus unless there was a way to wash away the football lines after the game, it would ruin the look of the nice, clean soccer pitch.