Alliance of American Football - Team Names and Logos

WideRight

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I’ve never understood people’s obsession with white-at-home 

If you go to your team's home games, and they wear black. Every game you see is black v. white. If your team wears white, every game is a different color. 

21 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

If you go to your team's home games, and they wear black. Every game you see is black v. white. If your team wears white, every game is a different color. 

That made sense back in the day. In 2019 though? No. I can watch nearly every game in any league, the AAF included, on my phone. 

The idea that we need white at home so that home fans can see a diversity in uniform designs no longer holds up. 

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

That made sense back in the day. In 2019 though? No. I can watch nearly every game in any league, the AAF included, on my phone. 

The idea that we need white at home so that home fans can see a diversity in uniform designs no longer holds up. 

I'm a season ticket holder for a Jr hockey league team. They used to wear white at home. Now the home team wears their black jerseys. Every game is almost exactly the same unless it's a special jersey night. Military, cancer, Ohio state,, etc. It does get boring. And I'm not watching road games on my phone (because ushl charges through Hockey TV). So yes it does a bit. Not a huge issue. But it is. 

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I’ve never understood people’s obsession with white-at-hom

I think that a preference for white uniforms at home tends to be entirely aesthetic. The team dressed in white always looks better; and this honour should go to the home team.

I remember being so impressed by the beautiful sharpness of the Giants' uniforms whenever they would wear white at home to jinx the Cowboys. And I was so happy to find this picture of a 1967 game in which they wore white at home against New Orleans.

giants-in-white-at-home.jpg

White uniforms at home just look right, in ways that almost defy explanation. They are so deeply aesthetically pleasing because they seem to answer a psychological craving.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Not really. Not at all. Maybe for you.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

White uniforms at home just look right, in ways that almost defy explanation. They are so deeply aesthetically pleasing because they seem to answer a psychological craving.

Counterpoint:

1. No they don’t;

2. No they aren’t; and

3. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. 😛 

5 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

If you like yellow socks today is your lucky day.

Fleet would have been okay wearing their gray jerseys. No clash issues against AZ.

SD didnt need to wear white today, it brought out the uglyness in AZ's even more,imo. Get a green jersey and yellow pants please,  Arizona

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

2 minutes ago, mkg74 said:

SD didnt need to wear white today, it brought out the uglyness in AZ's even more,imo. Get a green jersey and yellow pants please,  Arizona

Not happening. Their uniforms are supposed to mimic the uniforms of the firefighting squad the team is named in honor of. Changing the YYG combo is a no go.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

2 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Not happening. Their uniforms are supposed to mimic the uniforms of the firefighting squad the team is named in honor of. Changing the YYG combo is a no go.

Well then again, we have the Browns & ive learned to put up with their uglyness.

AZ is just limiting themselves horribly though imo

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

51 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Arizona and San Antonio don't need a change shirt but I'd be surprised if we don't see those next year. The name is in honor of the firefighters but that shouldn't be used to limit uniform options.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Ummm really? I don't think it's disrespectful nor sacrilegious for the Hotshots to have a green jersey.

4 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Ummm really? I don't think it's disrespectful nor sacrilegious for the Hotshots to have a green jersey.

It wouldn’t be but mono-green would be awful. 

Also? The gold Hotshots jersey might be my favourite in the league. 

Archived