MLB x Nike Aeroswift - Washington Nationals (30/30)

Victormrey

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/11/2018 at 7:29 PM, coco1997 said:

It can be really tough to make tiger stripes look good on a Tigers concept, but the fact that you oriented them vertically rather than horizontally makes it work. Great job!

Looking forward to Houston next!

Thank you very much.

Here they are! For the Astros I brought back the Tequila Sunrise in the same styla than the White Sox's chestband, using the current script straightened as wordmark.
While in the home design the front design pops up, in the home what stands out is the sleeve pattern.

yCQW7kr.png

QnXkMM0.png

On 10/15/2018 at 3:42 PM, luketheduke03 said:

I like the uniforms, not so much the hat logos. Either keep the current ones they have or maybe recolor the old open-ended star?

Thank you ? I'll post a version with the current cap logo as soon as I have enough time.

Continuing with the series, time for the Royals!

Both uniforms are inspired by the royal capes Kings used to wear, using Powder Blue and Gold as main colours. Thanks to @Carolingian Steamroller for the idea!

GyDxrLa.png

534ILLy.png

I love the Ermines for the Royals, but I think there's not quite enough contrast between the powder, white, and gold. I'd replace all the white with royal.

Houston's home looks good, though I agree with @luketheduke03 about the cap logo. The away's stripes are too abruptly orange then yellow, rather than the nice gradation of the Tequila sunrise.

Detroit's orange looks good!

I agree that royal blue would be a nice addition to separate the gold from the powder blue.

For the Astros, could you make the star on the front of the away jersey white? I think that's one detail you definitely want to stand out on the jersey. 

Keep up the great work!

Thank you guys for the feedback! Here's an update version of the Royals set with dark bluw outlines for the wordmarks:

ZXZ22ZW.png

iGejbjq.png

Time to movw to the West Coast with the Angels!
Despite being from Anaheim, since the club focus on "Los Angels" part, I decided to use a subtle front pattern inspired by the LA flag. The home uniform features a red on red wordmark which might not be quite visible, but it's more distinctive and it's currently used by the team.

tJIpVaB.png

ZbCMOFd.png

I need those White Sox change, Astros change, and Kansas City primary jerseys yesterday.

(And the reason I worded it like that is because I totally could see Nike ditching the tradition of white at home and gray/colors on the road.)

Conworlds: Safir Alliance | Hoennverse

spacer.png

On 10/28/2018 at 4:16 PM, coco1997 said:

Nice job with the Angels!

One small nitpick with the Royals. I believe @vtgco and @luketheduke03 were suggesting adding a royal blue, not navy, outline to the wordmarks and scripts. 

Thanks! I actually use the current Royal's blue for the outlines, but I guess it looks darker on the designs.

On 10/29/2018 at 8:44 PM, JohnnyRfl said:

This is kind of heresy, but I think it could be the next must in Baseball Uniforms. Maybe in the WBC? a WBC x Nike Aeroswift would be great. Can't wait to see Giants, A's and Marlins.

On 11/2/2018 at 7:33 AM, Hālian said:

I need those White Sox change, Astros change, and Kansas City primary jerseys yesterday.

(And the reason I worded it like that is because I totally could see Nike ditching the tradition of white at home and gray/colors on the road.)

Thank you guys!

Let's continue with the Twins. @MJD7 suggested me to use Wolfsburg away kit as inspiration, symbolizing the Twin Cities. I decided to use Navy Blue, Powder Blue and Red as colours.

sXCwIYa.png

18HV3qF.png

I love these because they break out of the classic, "we always need a half-assed white alternate jersey" outside of the classic ones built around lighter colors. 
Thinking that not all of these need to be shirt and pants same color, IMO. 
Royals looks great and i'm wondering if blue pants with the tan jersey would look even better. 

On 11/4/2018 at 7:37 PM, coco1997 said:

Ah, my bad. It looked navy for some reason.

The Twins turned out great! 

On 11/5/2018 at 9:40 PM, choijiho said:

I love these because they break out of the classic, "we always need a half-assed white alternate jersey" outside of the classic ones built around lighter colors. 
Thinking that not all of these need to be shirt and pants same color, IMO. 
Royals looks great and i'm wondering if blue pants with the tan jersey would look even better. 

On 11/6/2018 at 1:04 AM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I love this design. The harlequin, split striping is such a neat trick. It's bold but not overpowering. 

Thank you very much guys! Here's the Royal's uni with the mixed jersey and pants:

bRNFFSG.png

Time for NY and the Yankees. Since the Bronx Bombers are co-owners of the NYCFC along with Manchester City FC, I decided to use City away kit as inspiration, mixing it with the Yanks 1915 jersey. And this is the result:

x0UPxsc.png

igSLIRF.png

10 hours ago, coco1997 said:

It’s crazy to think the Yankees once wore even the slightest amount of green! 

Really love how this one turned out. The simple green/navy/red stripes are very effective, and I like how the cap mimics the same style. 

I know, right? It's difficult to imagine them with any colour apart from white and navy blue. Thanks for the feedback!

Let's continue with Oakland!

For the Athletics I decided to use a front subtle elephant skin pattern, inspired by their nickname and mascot "The White Elephant". The home uniform features the classic "A's", while the road one keeps the "Oakland" wordmark.

tihRIxC.png

czHJT4m.png

Archived