MLB x Nike Aeroswift - Washington Nationals (30/30)

Victormrey

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/1/2019 at 5:02 PM, KRZYBDGRZ said:

How would it look with a pattern similar to this? blue-jays-fourth-of-july-cap-2016.jpg

Interesting idea! I'll try to make a set with that pattern

On 1/1/2019 at 6:46 PM, coco1997 said:

The D-Backs look outstanding. I could actually see them wearing something like this as a more “evolved” version of their current home uniforms. Great work!

Thank you!

Let's continue the series with the Braves. The set is inspired by the team's 70's uniforms, featuring a front design based on the sleeve leafs from those jerseys:

F7sbFEo.png

tpg2fRf.png

On 1/13/2019 at 11:48 PM, coco1997 said:

The Braves and Cubs both turned out great! The Braves are like if their ‘70s set was taken one step further and this was the result. Can’t wait for the Rockies!

First it's turn for the Reds! 😉

The set is based on the West Sydney Wanderers home kit, which uses a new stripe style made by Nike:

TLyKjSM.png1LYIYt1.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2019 at 5:24 PM, coco1997 said:

I love how the horizontal stripes evoke the Reds’ pillbox caps. Great work!

Thanks! That was the idea behind it.

After a week without designs, let's continue the series with the Rockies!

The set is inspired by the Slovenia current kit, given the name of the team:

HmsdOxe.pngoKKed51.png

On 2/4/2019 at 8:12 PM, coco1997 said:

Colorado turned out AWESOME! These are good enough to be the Rockies' new primary set if they wanted to do something really radical. 

Thank you very much!

Now, time for the LA Dodgers.
The designs were base on the Totteham Hotspur third kit, featuring the LA map as main motif in two colours, with the Dodger Stadium placed right under the collar:

AxOEWeY.png

qb2SXwz.png

• 2 weeks later...

I can’t believe I haven’t gotten a chance to comment on this series yet, but there’s really not much I could say anyway, since all of the designs are so great! The Red Sox, Rays, Rockies, Dodgers, Twins, A’s, and Mariners are some of my favorites so far.

Looking forward to more!

On 2/11/2019 at 4:28 PM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

One of my favorites! The double blue is terrific. 

On 2/19/2019 at 7:11 PM, MJD7 said:

I can’t believe I haven’t gotten a chance to comment on this series yet, but there’s really not much I could say anyway, since all of the designs are so great! The Red Sox, Rays, Rockies, Dodgers, Twins, A’s, and Mariners are some of my favorites so far.

Looking forward to more!

Thank you guys for your kind feedback! I appriciate it.

Now, let's move to the East Coast with the Marlins!

The set is heavily inspired by the guayabera design. The home uniform features a pattern inspired by the scales of the marlin, while the road is inspired by the Art-Déco architecture:

9KJZSlH.png

so35YoM.png

On 2/24/2019 at 4:26 PM, coco1997 said:

Woah, the Marlins look incredible! Really loving that road set! 

I think it would be cool if you could continue the scale pattern on the socks somehow. 

Thanks! I'll try that idea out for the next weekend 😉

Moving on to Milwaukee with the Brewers, whose uniform idea was suggested by @Paul Lucas, inspired by the New Zealand's away kit, changing the silver fern for a wheat spike. The main colour used is cream for the home design is cream, inspired by the city nickname:

FVV7y99.png

NmS0QgK.png

On 3/3/2019 at 6:03 PM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Brew Crew look great!

One minor tweak, move the barley head up towards the hip so it’s in the same position whether a player is going high or low cuffed. 

On 3/4/2019 at 4:43 AM, coco1997 said:

You really killed it with the Brewers! This makes me wish their home uniforms actually were that shade of rich, dark cream. 

I agree with @Carolingian Steamroller's suggestion about repositioning the barley on the pants. In a perfect world, high cuffed pants would be mandatory. 

Thank you guys! Here's the tweaked Brewers uni:

jQLrAIP.png

And here's the Marlins tweaked design, using the jersey graphic on the socks:

NGal1im.png

Archived