SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

29 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

That's such a terrible jersey.  And cap.  Please delete your post before I stab my eyes.

Could be worse...

5623287864_2eb428cb61.jpg

I definitely prefer the all navy cap for the Stros, although I do like when they switch it up with the orange brimmed alternate on the road. But I would go with an orange squatcho for both. If they are going to wear the orange brim as much as they do, they should have a matching batting helmet.

This has probably already been mentioned, but there is a new batting helmet model this year that some players are wearing.  It looks like the baseball equivalent of the Riddell Speedflex, with all those ridges and vents that serve no purpose.  It looks really ugly and I hope it doesn’t catch on.

I noticed that some (not all) Phillies had raised Ps on their red helmets.  I know that they were doing that on their blue ones this year, but I hadn't noticed it on the red ones yet.

15 hours ago, Bill81361 said:

Last night in Colorado
spacer.pngspacer.png

There should be a rule against this sort of thing.

This demonstrates that colour-vs.-colour is bad not only when the jerseys are close in shade, but in all cases.

It's this sort of nonsense that made the 1979 World Series unwatchable, especially right after two straight Series involving the best-dressed teams.

That Orioles-Rockies game was beautiful and quite possibly my favorite uniform matchup of the season. 

11 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

There should be a rule against this sort of thing.

This demonstrates that colour-vs.-colour is bad not only when the jerseys are close in shade, but in all cases.

It's this sort of nonsense that made the 1979 World Series unwatchable, especially right after two straight Series involving the best-dressed teams.

Nah, that’s actually a beautiful matchup. Two bright (but not neon) colors with great contrast. Looks amazing. 

Yea I don't prefer color vs color but at least that's a nice pairing with two contrasting colors. There's a big difference between that and two dark colors or two similar colors. 

44 minutes ago, jn8 said:

Nah, that’s actually a beautiful matchup. Two bright (but not neon) colors with great contrast. Looks amazing. 

It looks just fine for two people meeting in the street. But it looks totally wrong for Major League Baseball.

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

It looks just fine for two people meeting in the street. But it looks totally wrong for Major League Baseball.

The unpopular opinions are that way.

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Yea I don't prefer color vs color but at least that's a nice pairing with two contrasting colors. There's a big difference between that and two dark colors or two similar colors. 

This. I'm all for more color on color. But I'd like some sort of rules similar to European soccer to apply.

Shoot, I don’t care if it’s the Majors, old men’s softball, or a tee-ball game, when the colors pop like they did in the Colorado-Baltimore game and contrast the way they did, it’s a good looking matchup. 

7 hours ago, Shumway said:

Could be worse...

5623287864_2eb428cb61.jpg

Everytime I start to forget about that awful Heinz ketchup Pirates vest, one of you has to post this and remind me that it was a thing. Thanks, jerks!

Poppy Flower Patches as MLB Marks Memorial Day 2019

May 27, 2019 - 13:48 PM

In recognition of those who made the ultimate sacrifice losing their lives in service to their country, Major League Baseball will mark Memorial Day in the United States this afternoon with each of the 26 teams playing today wearing commemorative […]

Read More...

8 hours ago, jn8 said:

Shoot, I don’t care if it’s the Majors, old men’s softball, or a tee-ball game, when the colors pop like they did in the Colorado-Baltimore game and contrast the way they did, it’s a good looking matchup. 

A refusal to acknowledge the distinction between the first entry on that list and the other two is at the heart of the problem.

It is a sad day indeed when Major League Baseball players looking (as you so accurately describe) like softballers or like little children is not only tolerated but celebrated.

An understated and appropriate way to commemorate the day.  Well done.

A refusal to acknowledge the distinction between the first entry on that list and the other two is at the heart of the problem.

It is a sad day indeed when Major League Baseball players looking (as you so accurately describe) like softballers or like little children is not only tolerated but celebrated.

A good looking matchup is still a good looking matchup, and I'll always support good looking matchups. However, there should never be a navy-navy matchup, or any two similar looking shades. There has to be rules to prevent that kind of thing. A soccer-like clash rule would work wonders, especially since it's super easy to tell who's home/away with the white/gray pants. 

I really wish Pittsburgh (or anyone) had a vest uniform again. 

2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

There’s definitely a distinction between them. This is a slow-pitch softball jersey:

pAeGJ7G.png

And these are the jerseys from the Colorado-Baltimore game:

YHSaXY6.jpg 

DeNTEJo.jpg 

Colorado and Baltimore stick to traditional jersey designs with simple block numbers and basic wordmarks. The softball jersey... well, it doesn’t, and I’m in no way calling for that to become an MLB trend.

But a traditional jersey style in a color instead of white or gray? No issues with that at all. White vs gray for every game gets boring, so if teams want to mix it up with colored jerseys throughout the year, I’m all for it. Orange vs purple looks great, as well as a couple other color vs color matchups. Just keep the colored pants in the 70s