SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

8 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I really think it does have potential.  But the M doesn't read as an M, and that should be the first thing fixed.  You're right, separating the strokes is a necessary first step.

@B-Rich made a start:

original%20and%20fixed.jpg?width=480&hei

You could tweak it further by rounding off the long stroke of the “b” (to make the vertical lines clearer/match the “e”), but I’m not sure how far that’ll go. The negative space is less misleading, that’s for sure.

I would also recommend using the “W-ball” of the Winnipeg Whips as the base of a new design. It’s a tad Pepsi-ish, but it can be refined.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-SHnAL5KtRc3Oa-RTM75

All it really needs is a city initial. Like most Original 16 teams, the nickname can follow the classy letter form.

The elb is my FedEx arrow: now that I know there's an M to see, it's all I can see. Vive l'elb! 

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

All this talk has made me think about buying an Expos hat. Not the pinwheel one, that's too knowingly retro, just a nice simple blue one.

I have a black one with a black/white elb logo. Loved it, even though j don’t wear hats much.  Calling it elb because when typed that’s almost literally the logo. 

Separating the logo a bit more does help make it more obviously an "m" shape, admittedly; but I imagine pretty much everyone would be happy with just that change. Keep the powder blue jerseys, keep the core identity, but bring it into the modern age and tweak it a bit. Don't fix what isn't broken. When the MLB gets back to Montréal, the team will almost certainly be the Expos.

Like, at most, I could maybe some more Québec flair to it, like adding a fleur-de-lis onto the jersey somewhere. You can still see Expos stuff around in Québec, especially Montréal, even long after the team died, so the core identity is something you'd need to keep around.

Negro Leagues Throwback Uniforms in Pittsburgh Today

June 1, 2019 - 16:51 PM

The Pittsburgh Pirates are holding their annual celebration of African American Heritage this afternoon and part of that celebration will include the team wearing throwback uniforms. Pittsburgh will don a uniform mostly based on those worn by the 1938 Pittsburgh […]

Read More...

First indication that the Brewers are wearing their standard gray Milwaukee Bears throwbacks. 

Nope - the Brewers are wearing whites in Pittsburgh. 

For the first time since they introduced it last season, the Nationals are wearing their navy "nationals" scrip alternate on the road.

Edit: After thinking about it, have the Nationals EVER worn a blue jersey on the road?

On 5/31/2019 at 2:48 PM, Gothamite said:

I've never seen 300, but damn if that isn't an evocative image.  :D 

Well, piece of advice: never go near a giant, bottomless looking hole if you've just called a bearded man mad.

The game has gone on long enough that I'm used to it by now 🙂

10-10 in the bottom of 12. First pitch was ... 5 hours ago?

4 hours ago, insert name said:

It's so confusing seeing the home team in grey and the away team in white. 

*Nike has entered the chat*

Crawford was a neighborhood in the city’s African-American district.  The team was founded by a local community center named for the neighborhood. 

As for the gray-at-home, this is part of a home-and-away series with the Brewers, the second half of which will be played in Milwaukee next Friday.  Not unheard of to commission one set of uniforms for that kind of series. 

I wrote a short piece for Uni Watch on this game:

https://uni-watch.com/2019/06/02/did-the-bears-new-jersey-just-leak/

Studio Stories: An Inside Look at the Creation of the Reds 15 Throwback Uniforms

June 2, 2019 - 13:54 PM

Inside the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame and Museum the chief curator, Chris Eckes, Reds staff, folks from MLB and designers from uniform provider Majestic poured over decades-old uniforms. With measuring tapes out, they took precise dimensions of everything from […]

Read More...