SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

Nationals are also wearing their navy "nationals" alt again.

All they have to do is replace the white cap with a red on with no drop shadow and that’s a clean uniform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

Looks like Odor wants shorts to make a comeback 😄😄

sleepaway-camp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Raptorman415 said:

All they have to do is replace the white cap with a red on with no drop shadow and that’s a clean uniform.

 

And change the pinstripes to red.  Blue pinstripes just looks wrong on them.

 

But if any club could bring back cadet collars, it’s a club with long history like the Reds. 

 

I also think we need a Constitutional amendment mandating high socks.  Look at this color balance:

 

D8Enp3zXUAMgFO0?format=jpg&name=large

 

Beautiful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Hat Boy said:

sleepaway-camp.png

Great Sleepaway Camp reference here. Odor's short shorts is a terrible look. We all should have learned from those White Sox abominations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved this matchup yesterday:

Sunny day + bright colors = Beautiful 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any word on whether the Orioles will also be wearing throwbacks?  I didn't see it mentioned in the article.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jn8 said:

Loved this matchup yesterday:

Sunny day + bright colors = Beautiful 

Exactly. And that is why baseball played indoor is garbage!

Just one example, no need for the Astros to play indoor. Their Orange and their multi color navy jerseys looks dull indoor.  

Just wait till the Rangers move indoor, unless the team is at the very top in the standings, i predict a decline in attendance. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, skip88 said:

Exactly. And that is why baseball played indoor is garbage!

Just one example, no need for the Astros to play indoor. Their Orange and their multi color navy jerseys looks dull indoor.  

Just wait till the Rangers move indoor, unless the team is at the very top in the standings, i predict a decline in attendance. 

 

I’m sure fans would want to go to the ball park more when it’s not 100+degrees 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you been to Houston or Dallas in the summer? Houston is mired in humidity all summer with pop-up showers at a moment's notice on a routine basis. The Dallas area is more of a dry heat, but it is still hot. It's not an low-80s hot that some northeasterners think is hell. It's a solid low-to-mid 90s hot every day from at least mid-May into early September. Houston's temperatures are a tick lower but are usually anywhere from 89-93 on a daily basis with a heat index of 98-100.

 

Read more about the Colt .45s adventures playing in an outdoor stadium for three years, and you'll understand why the Astros play indoors most of the time. I'm amazed it took the Rangers almost 50 years to finally realize, oh, hey, we maybe should have a stadium that has a roof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2019 at 7:39 AM, Gothamite said:

 

And change the pinstripes to red.  Blue pinstripes just looks wrong on them.

 

But if any club could bring back cadet collars, it’s a club with long history like the Reds. 

 

I also think we need a Constitutional amendment mandating high socks.  Look at this color balance:

 

D8Enp3zXUAMgFO0?format=jpg&name=large

 

Beautiful. 

 

Its criminal that NewEra isn’t producing low profile version of these throwback caps for sale.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cheo25 said:

Have you been to Houston or Dallas in the summer? Houston is mired in humidity all summer with pop-up showers at a moment's notice on a routine basis. The Dallas area is more of a dry heat, but it is still hot. It's not an low-80s hot that some northeasterners think is hell. It's a solid low-to-mid 90s hot every day from at least mid-May into early September. Houston's temperatures are a tick lower but are usually anywhere from 89-93 on a daily basis with a heat index of 98-100.

 

Read more about the Colt .45s adventures playing in an outdoor stadium for three years, and you'll understand why the Astros play indoors most of the time. I'm amazed it took the Rangers almost 50 years to finally realize, oh, hey, we maybe should have a stadium that has a roof.

But what happened in those 50 years, people went to the park, right?

And 50 years ago there were no 50 yard high nets to catch foul balls, because  people paid  attention to the game, instead of being glued to their phones!  There was no need for  view obstructing  nets.

The game of baseball is over 100 years old and it was played in very cold and very hot weather.

Yes, i know about climate change LOL, but that 2 degree increase has not and will not, kill anyone in a ballpark for the next 100 years.

Say what you want, but you cannot convince me that the problem isn't that people has gotten very very soft and lazy. 

No sunshine, no rain, no wind to catch the ball, no bird incidents, no shadows, no sign of life, just a sterile environment, so boring!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2019 at 3:03 PM, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

Looks like Odor wants shorts to make a comeback 😄😄

 

 

Does he still unbutton his jersey so his :censored: are visible? He and Luke Voit should catch fines just for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, skip88 said:

 Say what you want, but you cannot convince me

 

Okay, then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cheo25 said:

Have you been to Houston or Dallas in the summer? Houston is mired in humidity all summer with pop-up showers at a moment's notice on a routine basis. The Dallas area is more of a dry heat, but it is still hot. It's not an low-80s hot that some northeasterners think is hell. It's a solid low-to-mid 90s hot every day from at least mid-May into early September. Houston's temperatures are a tick lower but are usually anywhere from 89-93 on a daily basis with a heat index of 98-100.

 

Read more about the Colt .45s adventures playing in an outdoor stadium for three years, and you'll understand why the Astros play indoors most of the time. I'm amazed it took the Rangers almost 50 years to finally realize, oh, hey, we maybe should have a stadium that has a roof.

Its hot here all summer, 31 straight days over 100 last yr. Fresno Grizziles and Fresno St. just play night gms when it's hot. Plus if you are a local, aren't you used to your climate? I'd die in Green Bay in the winter. My body hasn't ever felt weather under 29 degrees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

My body hasn't ever felt weather under 29 degrees

You're not missing much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cheo25 said:

Have you been to Houston or Dallas in the summer? Houston is mired in humidity all summer with pop-up showers at a moment's notice on a routine basis. The Dallas area is more of a dry heat, but it is still hot. It's not an low-80s hot that some northeasterners think is hell. It's a solid low-to-mid 90s hot every day from at least mid-May into early September. Houston's temperatures are a tick lower but are usually anywhere from 89-93 on a daily basis with a heat index of 98-100.

 

Read more about the Colt .45s adventures playing in an outdoor stadium for three years, and you'll understand why the Astros play indoors most of the time. I'm amazed it took the Rangers almost 50 years to finally realize, oh, hey, we maybe should have a stadium that has a roof.

That's why Miami did the same as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really wish people would stop saying that we have protective netting only because people are glued to their phones for the whole game and don't pay attention. Maybe it has more to do with seats built closer to the baselines, bats being more likely to splinter, and players becoming much stronger and better conditioned than they were 50 years ago? I don't have hard evidence to back this up, but I find it unlikely that fans from previous eras were subjected to the same kind of violent projectiles being launched in 2019. They reach the stands which such velocity that they could cause serious injury upon those with their eyes glued upon the action. Quite simply, the game and the experience of being a spectator have evolved considerably.

 

And surely plenty of people got their faces crushed during the pre-smart phone era too. It was just much easier to ignore or sweep those incidents under the rug without social media.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

I really wish people would stop saying that we have protective netting only because people are glued to their phones for the whole game and don't pay attention. Maybe it has more to do with seats built closer to the baselines, bats being more likely to splinter, and players becoming much stronger and better conditioned than they were 50 years ago? I don't have hard evidence to back this up, but I find it unlikely that fans from previous eras were subjected to the same kind of violent projectiles being launched in 2019. They reach the stands which such velocity that they could cause serious injury upon those with their eyes glued upon the action. Quite simply, the game and the experience of being a spectator have evolved considerably.

 

And surely plenty of people got their faces crushed during the pre-smart phone era too. It was just much easier to ignore or sweep those incidents under the rug without social media.

Seems a classic case of "when there isn't any other good explanation, just blame millennials."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, THRILLHO said:

 

Its criminal that NewEra isn’t producing low profile version of these throwback caps for sale.  

 

It’s also criminal that Fanatics has taken over most of the market, so when a cap size is sold out, it might be gone for good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.