SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

4 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

I will say that Fanatics has be responsive to customer inquiries. I want a Reds white pinstriped ‘95 throwback (a look I’ve advocated for on these boards), but my size sold out quickly. Fanatics told me that at this time there are no current plans to order more. Since that hat has been popular, and that game has yet to be played, I’m holding out hope that another order is placed. 

TBTCs are handled differently than standard on-fields.

Nearly all of the TBTC hats have been wildly popular, and only a few times has Fanatics ordered more (usually due to the team wearing it again following years). 

On 5/30/2019 at 7:55 PM, DastardlyRidleylash said:

It's not "blatant nothing"; it's an "e" and a "b", with the negative space completing the "M" for Montréal. It's exactly like how the Whalers used the negative space of a "W" and a whale's tail to make an "H" for Hartford.

This is not a good comparison. The negative space in the Whalers logo is the H. The negative space in the Expos is nothing, it's not an M, the M is the combination of the three colored spaces. The red is an e, the blue is a b, the entire shape is an M but the negative space is nothing and is thus read as an L or an I, which it's not, which is why it fails.

What's up with the Pirates wearing last years memorial day unis today? Assuming it's for D-Day but it seems strange to use last years.

14 minutes ago, Anubis2051 said:

What's up with the Pirates wearing last years memorial day unis today? Assuming it's for D-Day but it seems strange to use last years.

That's a 2019 alternate for the Pirates. Not a mistake or anything. They wore the 2017 Memorial Day unis in 2018 too. 

47 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Technical question = once you throw an outline around it is it still "negative space"?  

I'd say no because now it has a clear definition but it's probably still a negative space in relation to the red and blue spaces/shapes.

On 5/11/2019 at 10:50 PM, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

This was mentioned on Uni-Watch, however the Braves started this season wearing their navy alternate with their alternate navy only striping road pants:

ozzie-albies-of-the-atlanta-braves-bats-

However recently Vs. the Dodgers and Diamondbacks, they used their normal road pants:

max-fried-of-the-atlanta-braves-pitches-

So, ever since this game vs. the Dodgers, I don't believe the Braves have worn their alternate navy only striping road pants at all. Anyone know if they've dropped it all together?

6 minutes ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

So, ever since this game vs. the Dodgers, I don't believe the Braves have worn their alternate navy only striping road pants at all. Anyone know if they've dropped it all together?

They wore the regular road pants (navy/red/navy piping) in St. Louis over Memorial Day weekend.

6 hours ago, McCall said:

They wore the regular road pants (navy/red/navy piping) in St. Louis over Memorial Day weekend.

He’s asking if they dropped the ones with only navy piping

On 6/4/2019 at 5:06 PM, Fresno St. Alum said:

and why do all their t-shirts smell like vinegar when we get them mailed to us?

It’s a disinfectant they use to prevent mold and mildew. 

Also, you’re like 60 miles from Yosemite and the Sierra Nevadas. How have you never been in weather lower than 29 degrees? 

On 6/5/2019 at 6:14 AM, Brandon9485 said:

I will say that Fanatics has be responsive to customer inquiries. I want a Reds white pinstriped ‘95 throwback (a look I’ve advocated for on these boards), but my size sold out quickly. Fanatics told me that at this time there are no current plans to order more. Since that hat has been popular, and that game has yet to be played, I’m holding out hope that another order is placed. 

Keep checking their site though.  I've bought three of the Reds throwback caps and am in a similar boat you are on the fourth one I want (the 1940 one.)  I ordered one of them when there were fewer than five in my size and over time I've seen they restocked them.  

54 minutes ago, tp49 said:

Keep checking their site though.  I've bought three of the Reds throwback caps and am in a similar boat you are on the fourth one I want (the 1940 one.)  I ordered one of them when there were fewer than five in my size and over time I've seen they restocked them.  

Yeah, I asked again yesterday. They told me while they can’t confirm anything, keep checking back. 

16 minutes ago, Anubis2051 said:

Something interesting I noticed browsing MLB Shop - none of the Yankees or Red Sox London Series jerseys are available with NNOB. I'm wondering if MLB will have both teams go NOB for the foreign audience? 

https://www.mlbshop.com/jerseys/d-1250336792+z-990485-1677480024?query=London

spacer.png

Nike swooshes and names on back in one week? Yankee purists are going to have a heart attack.

28 minutes ago, Anubis2051 said:

Something interesting I noticed browsing MLB Shop - none of the Yankees or Red Sox London Series jerseys are available with NNOB. I'm wondering if MLB will have both teams go NOB for the foreign audience? 

https://www.mlbshop.com/jerseys/d-1250336792+z-990485-1677480024?query=London

spacer.png

Those are the replica Jerseys. They always have NOB. The Authentic Jerseys are always NNOB. 

5 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

Despite being on the home team, the Tigers cap is more along the lines are their road cap. 

Its that way for a lot them. The Orioles, Nationals, Athletics, Indians ect.

On 6/6/2019 at 7:04 PM, Bucfan56 said:

It’s a disinfectant they use to prevent mold and mildew. 

Also, you’re like 60 miles from Yosemite and the Sierra Nevadas. How have you never been in weather lower than 29 degrees? 

because they are 6,000-9,000 feet up, I'm at 328 ft. I've been to Kings Canyon, Sequoia in the snow. it was still above 29. Yosemite is crowded and 3hrs away. been there and done that in the spring, summer. 90s thunderstorms. The other 2 are a little over an hr. drive.