SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

18 hours ago, dmmdoublem said:

Over the past few weeks, a number of A's fans have noticed that the team hasn't worn their gold alternates at all this season. During a Q&A with NBC Sports California's Brodie Brazil, A's manager Bob Melvin made it sound like the Kelly Green uniform set, introduced last season, all but replaced the golds: 

Which makes no sense because last year was the season they introduced their Kelly green alts and they still wore their gold tops. Bringing in the Kelly green didn't push out the gold tops, rather it was just a decision for the team to not wear it. 

It has been apparent that gold was out of the rotation this year as all the gold jerseys were not prominently displayed at any of the team stores in the Coliseum.

Too lazy to search, but I know the rays added the stingray to both blue jerseys, but is this the first year the grays had a white outline around the navy names on back? I know they also dropped nameplates as well. Just noticed it tonight at NY.

7 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

While the gold jerseys were a bit garish, they were still nice to see as alternates worn on just a few occasions. I loved it when they were paired against the Rangers' blue alternates.

I also find it interesting that the dugout wall is a brighter green (though it could be from the lighting). I wonder if the A's will make the Kelly green the official primary color sometime in the next few years.

They seem to be headed in that direction. Either that, or a Brewers-esque permanent dual brand in order to milk merchandise dollars.

I'm actually hoping for the latter. It makes for horrible branding ( 👀 Brewers), but I honestly prefer the forest green-and-gold color scheme. Much like the White Sox, it took nearly a century to get there, but they finally struck gold (no pun intended) with a uniform set that can stand the test of time in the late 80's - I hope they have the good sense to stick with it.

I can’t believe this was allowed on the field. Would’ve been *chef’s kiss* if it caused an E2 on a stolen base attempt.

spacer.png

Question, does anyone know which old Indians cap inspired the ASG caps with the piping on the sides? I'm curious because I have no recollection of any Indians cap with that design and usually these ASG caps are inspired by an old design from the host team. 

12 minutes ago, Bill81361 said:

1969 throwbacks, presumably for a road game in July, not sure which
spacer.png

Too bad they don’t face the Mets at all this season. 

48 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Question, does anyone know which old Indians cap inspired the ASG caps with the piping on the sides? I'm curious because I have no recollection of any Indians cap with that design and usually these ASG caps are inspired by an old design from the host team. 

It's probably just a design that would have been used no matter who got the game this year. I can't think of any design that used that other than possibly a cap from the 1920's. 

Related image

Image result for cleveland indians uniforms 1920

https://tribevibe.mlblogs.com/cleveland-indians-were-first-mlb-team-to-wear-numerals-on-uniforms-100-years-ago-sunday-f01f8a654c93

The Indians also tried putting numbers on the sleeves only for identifying players, and after one year it was shelved. Later on the Yankees announced the numbers would be placed on the back of the uniform. Cleveland followed suit immeidately and thus still wore them first because the Yankees home opener was rained out and the Indians  game was not. 

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's probably just a design that would have been used no matter who got the game this year.

Mmm...not sure on that. If the Rays got the game, I doubt they'd use this particular style. I do think it's some homage to Cleveland baseball history. 

5 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Mmm...not sure on that. If the Rays got the game, I doubt they'd use this particular style. I do think it's some homage to Cleveland baseball history. 

The problem is how lazy they've been with the wording on it, but since the Caveman C is being used as well I can see it as a tie-in to Cleveland's past. But if that's the case they should have made the batting practice jerseys match that idea as well. 

4 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The problem is how lazy they've been with the wording on it, but since the Caveman C is being used as well I can see it as a tie-in to Cleveland's past. But if that's the case they should have made the batting practice jerseys match that idea as well. 

I think the Caveman C is being used for July 4th, not the ASG...regular block C will be used for the ASG. 

The Indians out to bring back the seam piping, and add a white outlined to the block C next year. It's a sharp looking hat. 

Just now, WSU151 said:

I think the Caveman C is being used for July 4th, not the ASG...regular block C will be used for the ASG. 

Yup that's correct. Which is even more annoying to me as that design would look so much better with the Block C instead. 

There was piping on the Indians' coaches caps at some point in the 70's.

D9Zu9HzWsAAW1Sf?format=jpg&name=large

D9Zu9wVXoAA_suN?format=jpg&name=large

12 hours ago, Bill81361 said:

spacer.png

This Saturday vs Seattle Pilots.

I appreciate that they’re doing up the helmets, but the treatment on that one is a bit off.  Stripes are too thick. 

The Royals have been promoting the game with this awesome poster. 

On 6/18/2019 at 1:01 PM, Bill81361 said:

spacer.png

I like this so much more than the current road jersey, particularly the script.

On 6/19/2019 at 12:12 PM, coco1997 said:

Have the Twins unveiled their Gophers uniforms yet?

khCP1uJ.jpg

mbWRyNn.jpg

I haven't heard but if they're looking for the same era it may be these. The second picture was from 2013.

45 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

khCP1uJ.jpg

mbWRyNn.jpg

I haven't heard but if they're looking for the same era it may be these. The second picture was from 2013.

These were the St Paul Saints (minor league), they will be playing as the St Paul Colored Gophers (negro league)

the twins ave worn St Paul Colored Gophers uniforms before

spacer.png