SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

I've seen all of the player's weekend uniforms for this year and they suck something awful. 

9 minutes ago, jayjackson3 said:

I've seen all of the player's weekend uniforms for this year and they suck something awful. 

Got any descriptions for then at all? Like the best/worst, the colors, etc...

1 hour ago, jayjackson3 said:

Details, please.

"the home team got to pick between white and black uniforms and the Dodgers opted for white."

Are all teams choosing between white and black uniforms?

52 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

"the home team got to pick between white and black uniforms and the Dodgers opted for white."

Are all teams choosing between white and black uniforms?

What is this turning into ... NBA All-Star Weekend?!

Anyone ever wonder if we’ll return to a time where the gimmicks go away? I have my doubts, but is it possible these events eventually fall on deaf ears? 

14 hours ago, simtek34 said:

New York Basbeall teams and BFBS.

spacer.png

Good Thing I got my players weekend Dbacks jersey on sale while I could.  I will not be buying this season. 

36 minutes ago, Brandon9485 said:

Anyone ever wonder if we’ll return to a time where the gimmicks go away? I have my doubts, but is it possible these events eventually fall on deaf ears? 

I've always suspected that fans don't really care about the gimmicks outside of throwbacks, which has given me some hope at times. Unfortunately Payers' Weekend is part of the CBA with the MLBPA so it's probably not going anywhere.

45 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

I've always suspected that fans don't really care about the gimmicks outside of throwbacks, which has given me some hope at times. Unfortunately Payers' Weekend is part of the CBA with the MLBPA so it's probably not going anywhere.

I feel like they could do something a little more fun, like have someone work with the guys on each team to make a unique uniform. It might look like trash, but these players weekend jerseys will probably look like trash anyways...

3 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

Here is a shot from a game that was played on July 4 in 1983.

Image result for righetti no hitter

Here is a shot from a World Series game in 1981.

Related image

The players are in their regular uniforms, with no patches.  This is what I would like to see again.

24 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Here is a shot from a game that was played on July 4 in 1983.

Image result for righetti no hitter

Here is a shot from a World Series game in 1981.

Related image

The players are in their regular uniforms, with no patches.  This is what I would like to see again.

But how will we know its a holiday or the playoffs with out them??

1 minute ago, KGeeX5 said:

But how will we know its a holiday or the playoffs with out them??

There's nothing to indicate either of those games was played on a holiday or in the postseason. I'm certainly in favor of a patch to commemorate the latter, which is no different than bowl games. 

22 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

There's nothing to indicate either of those games was played on a holiday or in the postseason. I'm certainly in favor of a patch to commemorate the latter, which is no different than bowl games. 

The bunting indicates that it is a post-season game.  That's enough.  There's no good reason to deface the uniform (including the cap).

28 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The bunting indicates that it is a post-season game.  That's enough.  There's no good reason to deface the uniform (including the cap).

Teams also put up bunting on Opening Day (which has recently transformed into Opening Series or Opening Week and includes night games).

7 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:
35 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Teams also put up bunting on Opening Day (which has recently transformed into Opening Series or Opening Week and includes night games).

That's true.  But the decoration of the stadiums I don't mind, whereas the alteration of the uniforms really cheeses me off.

First time I even heard the word “bunting” was when they were putting it up in the Vet for the ‘93 playoffs. 

Do they even do that anymore? Most of today’s parks don’t gave a natural place for it. 

I'm fine with patches, but I definitely think that most fans can do without the special uniforms/caps for Mothers/Fathers day, Memorial Day, and July 4th. I'm not sure what MLB's angle is for pushing those designs so heavily every year. Do fans even buy those? I've never seen them worn by a person ever.