SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

17 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

Hopefully they give us this one day as a throwback 

480x480.jpg

I was never a fan of this Marlins uniform, nor was I a fan of the similar model from their sister club:

spacer.png

On 6/27/2019 at 5:33 PM, Quillz said:

Just like there was also a time when cars didn't come with seat belts and you had to crank the engine by hand to start it up. Should we go back to that, too, since it's traditional?

This is why I have a lot of problem with baseball traditionalists sometimes. I constantly have people I watch baseball tell me "they can't do that! That's now how it's supposed to be done!" I counter that if it's not against the written rules and it works, what's the issue? Baseball is a game of strategy, should teams not do unusual things if it helps them win? "But it's not what I remember!"

I agree man! I love baseball just as much as anyone else but I am in favor of interleague play, new rules that improve the game etc, speeding up regular season games, shortening the regular season so the playoffs don't end in the cold and wet environment of November, bat flipping, brawls you name it. 

43 minutes ago, Dodgeryaqui8016 said:

shortening the regular season

I don't agree with this one, actually.

19 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Has anybody thought about a black-crowned cap with a teal bill for home/road use? That seems like a fair compromise between both phases of the 1993-2002 design.

Dbacks first road cap is as close as we can get

This was so sad and kinda eerie.  I took the 1030 am tour of angel stadium. Our tour guide took a phone call mid tour. Seemed kinda weird, but didnt think anything of it. Bout 45 mins after tour on way to San Diego got the email from the Angels in regards to Skaggs death. 

7 hours ago, the admiral said:

Fish Yankees!

I don't dislike that jersey, but it's easily my least favorite of anything worn during the Florida Marlins (1993-2011) period. Maybe it's unfair to say it is a Yankees knock off, but keep in mind that Loria was always so keen on emulating the Yankees wherever he could. Then again, the team abandoned pinstripes altogether in 2012.

My issue with using the cap insignia on the breast in that fashion is that the Marlins had such a great wordmark (especially the 93-02 version) so it always seemed pointless to use it as an alternate. I do also agree with those who say that its design complexity makes it less suitable to be worn that way.

3 hours ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

The Nationals wearing Expos throwbacks is just plain wrong. 😞

3 hours ago, Bill81361 said:

The idea of the Nationals wearing Expos uniforms is so very satisfying. It feels like a statement in support of the honest accounting of history, coming as it does at a time when that important value is increasingly under attack.

But for them to wear the road uniform does not make much sense, as they will be at home against the Royals.

47 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The idea of the Nationals wearing Expos uniforms is so very satisfying. It feels like a statement in support of the honest accounting of history, coming as it does at a time when that important value is increasingly under attack.

What is this I don’t even. 

26 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

What is this I don’t even. 

There is a recent trend of ignoring the actual histories of relocated teams, in favour of a fantasy version of history. This Nationals/Expos event is in sharp contrast to that troubling trend, and is in keeping with the traditional value of respect for a team's history.

(This issue has been argued at length in several other threads.)

spacer.png

MLB Teams Wearing Retro Stars and Stripes Caps for Fourth of July 2019

July 4, 2019 - 12:50 PM

Alright, folks, we’re getting retro caps for Independence Day! To be worn across the entire Fourth of July Weekend (July 4th – 7th), most* teams will wear a throwback-inspired cap design in red, white, and blue. *-some teams have never […]

Read More...

Other than some odd legal fiction like the Ravens/Browns and possibly Sonics/Thunder, there really aren't that many teams that deny their existing in other cities or identities.

I'd feign outrage over the Nationals using a Senators logo instead of an Expos one, but I really don't care enough about these ridiculous novelties to bother. 

Good to see the Indians 70s C logo, the Florida Marlins logo, and the Twins World Series logo.