SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

The whole identity seems like an exercise in half-measures. Someone wanted a Vice look but someone else wanted a traditional baseball look. So they split the difference and now no one's happy.

I do not want a Vice look at all, despite liking those Heat jerseys as alternates. Having said that, a Vice look would certainly be superior to what the Marlins are wearing now.

On 7/19/2019 at 4:29 PM, Ice_Cap said:

As for saving the current identity? I would say the colours are great. The new Marlin is great.

I was sitting behind a car at a traffic light with a window sticker for this company 

pisces-sportfishingLR-Logo.jpg?w=1170&ss

this visual is less like the marlins logo but the window sticker I saw had some wear on it and it bore more similarities.  It’s almost like a combination of the previous M’s abstract marlin and the new one. 

but if they did go with a vice look they be laughed at for copying them.  this is like their version of the vice look, just needs more color.

18 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

but if they did go with a vice look they be laughed at for copying them.

No they wouldn't. Did people laugh at the Penguins the two times they went to black and athletic gold or the Pirates when they dropped red?

2 hours ago, THRILLHO said:

I was sitting behind a car at a traffic light

Dude this is super dangerous, you probably shouldn't be sitting in the street at any time. 

5 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Why? The Padres did that due to owner preference for years. 

Because the Padres really didn’t think brown would sell.  Earth colors haven’t been popular for sports in a couple decades now, and they were reluctant to even dip a toe into that water. Until they did. 

You don't think it’s a coincidence that, almost as soon as they offered a brown alternate for fans to buy, they’ve reconsidered their earlier refusal and finally started to explore the options for bringing it back?

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Dude this is super dangerous, you probably shouldn't be sitting in the street at any time. 

Way to bring the marlinsbaseball.com humor 

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Because the Padres really didn’t think brown would sell.  Earth colors haven’t been popular for sports in a couple decades now, and they were reluctant to even dip a toe into that water. Until they did. 

You don't think it’s a coincidence that, almost as soon as they offered a brown alternate for fans to buy, they’ve reconsidered their earlier refusal and finally started to explore the options for bringing it back?

I think I've seen enough cases in sports where owners decide they won't go in a direction fans want because it doesn't appeal to them. Saw it with the Chargers, saw it with the Padres.

I get it to a point because if I pay billions for a team? I'd want them dressing the way I want them to. 

Still? I tend to be weary of teams when they say "oh fans wouldn't like that" because often teams aren't arguing in good faith when they make those statements. 

Maybe, but none of those teams were actively trying to engage with a tuned-out fan base.

I just see statements suggesting that any significant portion of fans as a group want the teal and push back.  Citation needed. 

Cincinnati Reds In 1961 Throwback Uniforms Today

July 21, 2019 - 14:45 PM

Continuing their series of fifteen throwback uniforms throughout the 2019 season, the Cincinnati Reds will take to the field against the St. Louis Cardinals this afternoon while wearing the team’s home white vests from their 1961 National League championship season. […]

Read More...

18 hours ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

I appreciate the pirates using the correct logo on social media. And while I’m at it, they should bring it back full time, it’s much better than anything they’ve had since it’s departure 

3 minutes ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

Holy :censored:, those are so much better than their current uniforms. 

That’s my all-time favorite Reds uniform. They’ve had other good looks for sure, but that one wins for me. 

6 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I swear on the highlights it looked blue. Can’t argue with that photo tho. 

I've seen that same phenomenon with the Rays gray uniforms too and no it for sure wasn't their light blue alternate, it was definitely the grays. 

So I just came across an Instagram post that says Dodger Stadium has four different seating colors because they each represent something different... yellow is the sun, orange is the sand, blue is the sky, and turquoise is the ocean.

This is the first time I've ever heard of this, can anyone confirm this?