SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

12 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

The Phillies put up these wallpapers  on their twitter, which shows their new primary logo against different colors. Interestingly when it is against a red background, it gets an inner blue outline like their red alternate.

Ugh.  Fail. 

8 hours ago, the admiral said:

The Cubs and White Sox look good in colored jerseys when used sparingly. So am I supposed to list the other twenty teams I didn't list already? plead each case? I don't get what you want from me here.

Sorry. I don't like the deviation from white and grey other than the A's. Your answer is perfectly clear -- there's no deeper meaning to it 😀

The unevenness of the phils new logo is so bothering, 100% downgrade, the removal of the field shape left it feeling extremely left heavy due to the way the script is and the capital P, it also seems like it juts out more on the left side too, but my eyes could be playing tricks on me

I’d pay more attention to the red Braves jersey on the Swanberson bobblehead than the Los Braves bobblehead (not to say they won’t wear those on a special heritage day, but one is certainly a bigger deal in terms of a uniform “refresh” than the other). 

New socks? Albies's are slightly different than the Stance socks on Fanatics. Not sure about Swanberson's. 

hdrkEwX.png

12 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

The unevenness of the phils new logo is so bothering, 100% downgrade, the removal of the field shape left it feeling extremely left heavy due to the way the script is and the capital P, it also seems like it juts out more on the left side too, but my eyes could be playing tricks on me

Yea, I don't see what was wrong with the old primary. They only needed one version of it that could be used against any color, where as this they had to make 3 different versions for what color it is against.

On 1/14/2019 at 5:54 PM, mjd77 said:

Shouldn't the new BP caps be out soon...or at least be officially unveiled? Can't find anything on them except for the Nats one that was leaked.

Looks like A's stuck with the logo they floated last off season for their new BP hat, Here is their St. Patrick's Day hat...

DxNrxBMUcAEpqGe.jpg

Hopefully the ST/BP hat logo isn’t that small. 

The prototype hat logo was quite a bit larger. 

Recap:
New navy and red alternate

Slight modification to the script on the road grays

Cream jersey now has piping on the sleeves

No change to home whites

Picture of the modified road script:

DxSd9rIU0AARmHd.jpg

On 1/19/2019 at 12:02 PM, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

Recap:
New navy and red alternate

Slight modification to the script on the road grays

Cream jersey now has piping on the sleeves

No change to home whites

Picture of the modified road script:

DxSd9rIU0AARmHd.jpg

Whats different on the grays? Looks the same to me. Different angle?

13 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

Whats different on the grays? Looks the same to me. Different angle?

From Uni Watch:

2018.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-01-19-at-1.29.25-PM.png

vs.

2019.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-01-19-at-1.30.01-PM.png

It’s designed to match the Braves script better and it does seem to be a bit more legible, too.

Interestingly enough, this is the third version of this script in the last few years, considering it used to look like this:

470245328.0.jpg

The new Atlanta script is an improvement, but it's still awkward how the A is at a different tilt than tlanta is.  I'm not sure how to fix it, but it needs some work.

It's also weird how the official graphics show the lighter navy, rather than the actual midnight navy.

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

From Uni Watch:

2018.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-01-19-at-1.29.25-PM.png

vs.

2019.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-01-19-at-1.30.01-PM.png

It’s designed to match the Braves script better and it does seem to be a bit more legible, too.

Interestingly enough, this is the third version of this script in the last few years, considering it used to look like this:

470245328.0.jpg

Got'cha thanks!

Definitely a bit cleaner, i like it