SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I wouldn't say my favorite but it's a cool look and I'm surprised it hasn't been done more...

Off the top of my head... late 80's Padres, 2000's Rockies, 80s/90s Twins only right? Anyone else?

World Series era Dbacks.

10 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

World Series era Dbacks.

Oh yeah how'd I forget that. I loved those.

Edit: Seems like the Cubs wore pinstripes on the road too but on powder blue instead of gray...

Image result for mlb road uniforms with pinstripes

Pirates and reds both wore pinstripes on the road in the '90s, the cubs did it in the late '70s, the angels during their Disney years.

Also the twins did it until 2009, not just the '80s and '90s.

11 hours ago, NicDB said:

Alleged Padres prototypes on Twitter today.

Kinda doubting the legitimacy of these, but I wouldn't be upset if this were accurate.  I don't care for solid tops with pinstriped pants, but these are such as upgrade that I'd gladly overlook it.

Of these, I think I prefer the bottom left.

What are you wearing, Jake from San Diego?
umm, khakis
uhh_khakis.png

Baltimore Orioles Change Primary Logo for 2019

February 12, 2019 - 17:02 PM

This couldn’t have come as a surprise to any of you. The Baltimore Orioles are making a minor change to their official logo designations for the upcoming 2019 season. Getting the promotion *officially* from secondary to primary logo is the […]

Read More...

The Rays have added their devil ray logo as a sleeve patch onto their alternates.

DzGXlOwUYAAHDup.jpg

On Uni Watch it says: 

Reader Nick Lineback has noticed that the Rays appear to have added their devil ray logo as a sleeve patch to their navy and light-blue jerseys. In 2017, those sleeves were blank; last year they had the Rays’ 20th-anniversary patch; this year they’ll have the logo patch. “I can confirm that this is a change for 2019,” says Paul

9 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

Most overrated logo in sports.

We need a downvote button.

I like that logo on their caps, but I much prefer the old version as the primary. At least they won't be doing away with it entirely. At any rate, a downgrade.

Brown/tan/khaki pants wouldn't be any different than the blue pants seemingly everyone around here would like to see return for select teams. With that said, I prefer the top right.

24 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

Most overrated logo in sports.

Seconded

14 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

I like that logo on their caps, but I much prefer the old version as the primary. At least they won't be doing away with it entirely. At any rate, a downgrade.

Wish they’d go back to their lastest version with the baseball diamond. Was the best logo they’ve had

Headline of the year on the mothership article

39 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Wish they’d go back to their lastest version with the baseball diamond. Was the best logo they’ve had

Agreed!

The Orioles should just get rid of the realistic bird entirely. Make a roundel with the bird head the secondary (as demonstrated by @Go Red Sox!‘s concept):

Orioles%20primary%20logo%20white%20backg

Something akin to this would be perfect. 

The issue for me is that I find that Orioles wordmark to be quite clean and balanced. It deserves more prominence in a primary logo. In fact, I might consider it to be one of the best wordmarks in MLB right now.

It is a great wordmark. 

u983g9g9yer425glcnt7t6gyk.gif 

The logo version suffers somewhat due to the muddy dropshadow.

lty880yrmrra64y6tqfqmdnbf.png

The only thing I don't love about it is the distorted perspective.  Not nearly as bad as their old road mark, but it would still be better without it.

5ndf6lk2kgerj7kvjewstiw8c.gif