SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

6 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

I think the O's should just take advantage of their throwbacks and use them more often. Since 2010, I can recall only several occasions where they did just that.

There's a game in 2013 where they busted out these against the Rays' 70's fauxbacks:

Image result for o's rays throwbacks

They put on these two following year:

Image result for orioles cubs 2014Related image

We saw 60's throwbacks in 2016:

Related image

And then there was also that one uni from 2017 in that one pic a few posts above. Me personally, I'd like to see more of those 70's throwbacks from the days of Earl Weaver. The O's are getting out of some ancient ways as far as ownership goes, so maybe more throwback nights are coming soon while the rebuilding ensues. Also, it would be nice to see them do it on the road at least one game every year. That O's-Rays game from 2013 was a perfect example.

Another throwback here, Chris Davis looking like he hit something. 

15 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Image result for orioles cubs 2014

Quick (probably unpopular) opinion: That's a great uniform. And that was probably an aesthetically pleasing game, with the Cubs in their '94 Cuba jerseys.

15 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Related image

I love this script - the rough version on the mothership doesn’t do it justice.  I would love to see it used as the basis for their next uniform.

And man, the Orioles just might have the best primary home uniform timeline in the majors.  Not a stinker in the bunch, but a lot of variations on a theme.  If I was picking a team based solely on their uniform history it’d be hard to pass them up. 

15 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Is that Oakland? (Just kidding)

No, there are fans in the stands. 

16 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

I think the O's should just take advantage of their throwbacks and use them more often. Since 2010, I can recall only several occasions where they did just that.

There's a game in 2013 where they busted out these against the Rays' 70's fauxbacks:

Image result for o's rays throwbacks

Image result for orioles cubs 2014Related image

Related image

And then there was also that one uni from 2017 in that one pic a few posts above. Me personally, I'd like to see more of those 70's throwbacks from the days of Earl Weaver. The O's are getting out of some ancient ways as far as ownership goes, so maybe more throwback nights are coming soon while the rebuilding ensues. Also, it would be nice to see them do it on the road at least one game every year. That O's-Rays game from 2013 was a perfect example.

Seems like they, for the most part, only pull them out in “celebration” years.

2014 - 60th anniversary 

2016 - 50th anniversary of ‘66 WS

2017 - 25th anniversary of OPACY opening

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I love this script - the rough version on the mothership doesn’t do it justice.  I would love to see it used as the basis for their next uniform.

And man, the Orioles just might have the best primary home uniform timeline in the majors.  Not a stinker in the bunch, but a lot of variations on a theme.  If I was picking a team based solely on their uniform history it’d be hard to pass them up. 

I agree with this assessment. Heck, even their block wordmark looked good:

49625_1963_orioles.jpg

Road uniforms, however, have been occasional duds:

36xdzheypz6hitwz1gf16r8fh.jpg

Needless double outlines are needless.

I’ve always been partial to the 1989-94 cursive script, as it effectively modernizes the dynasty-era design. A cleaned up version of the 1950s-1972 “Baltimore” script would pair well with it.

1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

News to me, there is also a red version of the Nats new Spring Training/BP hat:

W3TPMYBRKMI6TB4BOY3BT4JMWQ.jpg

36xdzheypz6hitwz1gf16r8fh.jpg

Those hats lasted part of only one season.  Ripken hated them, compared them to railroad engineer caps.

Here's a slo-mo of Sean Doolittles delivery that also shows off the new spring jersey and hat being used by an actual player.

Also it seems that the red spring hat is being paired with their red jersey (last years spring uniform). I'm guessing that's their road jersey for spring games.

Those Padres concepts a few pages back are bad. Stay as far away from brown pinstripes as possible. Also, adding a detached yellow outline against yellow numbers is bad. Hopefully the Padres keep things simple and as close to the 1969 jerseys as possible.

My favorite Orioles' jerseys are still the '90s homes. Maybe it's because that's when I started watching baseball and that's what Ripken wore when be broke the record. But the black wordmark, the headspoon piping. Just so damn good. I realize it was wrong for them to use black outlines in orange (that's a Giants thing), but to me, it still looks the best. 

cal-ripken-jr-of-the-baltimore-orioles-h

The Braves have a weird look for spring training. They're using their old design, navy blue with the blue Braves script and tomahawk outlined in white (basically an identical version of the old road alternate) but now with red numbers outlined in white (which match the design of their new road alt). They should have just updated their spring set to something more in line with their new uniforms.

021719%20braves%20photo%20CC19.JPG

1. That should absolutely be the Nationals' home jersey.  The curly-W makes a crappy chest logo.

2.  Orioles should be primarily orange with black trim, and the Giants should be primarily black with orange trim.  Any Orioles jersey with a black script gets a downvote from me.

I like that Nats jersey quite a bit, but they should reverse the script and outline colors. That looks ok, but the Nats should keep the red dominant at home and navy dominant on the road look. 

On 2/15/2019 at 4:38 PM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

News to me, there is also a red version of the Nats new Spring Training/BP hat:

W3TPMYBRKMI6TB4BOY3BT4JMWQ.jpg

Huh.  Would be nice that was made available for purchase

On 2/15/2019 at 7:46 AM, Gothamite said:

I knew I liked you! (O's fan here)

On 2/15/2019 at 12:45 PM, SFGiants58 said:

I agree with this assessment. Heck, even their block wordmark looked good:

49625_1963_orioles.jpg

That is a great looking jersey . . . even if it is otherwise totally out of place in the Orioles lineage.