SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

4 hours ago, dont care said:

Because the Yankees feel they are too good to wear their greys for an away game.

You don’t know that. They may have been requested to wear them. It’s their signature look after all. 

Wouldn't it have been better for the Sox to wear their red jerseys? I mean, they are the Red Sox, playing in Europe. They also use that jersey in Boston, right?  They are bland yes, but would you not want to show the audience a bit of color, also since the Yankees obviously can't do that. 

Kansas City Royals Make Changes to Primary Logo for 2019

February 19, 2019 - 17:58 PM

The Kansas City Royals have removed the “Royals” from their primary logo for 2019, they’ve also eliminated black from their colour scheme entirely. It’s one of three super subtle logo changes throughout the American League this off-season, the Baltimore Orioles […]

Read More...

On 2/14/2019 at 10:34 PM, Raptorman415 said:

Another throwback here, Chris Davis looking like he hit something. 

He actually hit two home runs that game, IIRC.  Blew out the Cardinals.

1 minute ago, Bill81361 said:

This is listed as an authentic collection on-field cap

Not sure if you're saying so because you are surprised but the Padres currently rotate which camo jersey they wear regularly each season so both the blue and brown camo jerseys are still in their rotations.

6 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Not sure if you're saying so because you are surprised but the Padres currently rotate which camo jersey they wear regularly each season so both the blue and brown camo jerseys are still in their rotations.

50th anniversary patch.

4 minutes ago, Bill81361 said:

50th anniversary patch.

No offense, but it's old news.

1 hour ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Kansas City Royals Make Changes to Primary Logo for 2019

February 19, 2019 - 17:58 PM

kc-royals-new-logo-2019.png

The Kansas City Royals have removed the “Royals” from their primary logo for 2019, they’ve also eliminated black from their colour scheme entirely. It’s one of three super subtle logo changes throughout the American League this off-season, the Baltimore Orioles […]

Read More...

"It’s one of three super subtle logo changes throughout the American League this off-season, the Baltimore Orioles were one, we’ll get to the other one soon."

Anyone know the third AL team?  

On 2/18/2019 at 8:54 AM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Agreed.  Can confirm that it's not even available (yet) at their Spring Training team store 

I'd get that one over the white front panel only because I sweat profusely and that would stain easily.  

I’m going to nitpick here, but I consider the Royals a 2 color team. Royal blue and white. (I don’t count logos cause the yanks aren’t red nor the Steelers blue) yet I feel they muddy their identity with powder blue jerseys (I don’t count powder as their color cause a dozen others had that rather than gray) and gold script jerseys...but that’s just me.

36 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I think I like the brighter gold better for KC's crown.

Agreed. This looks more bronze than gold!

2 hours ago, bowld said:

My guess for the third team is the Rays, As or Twins 

The Twins dropping silver or the Rays dropping the diamond shape would definitely make sense. I have absolutely no idea what other team could change... Going with cap logos is indeed popular these days but the remaining 13 are either already cap logos or kinda classic. Maybe the Astros or Rangers abandoning their roundels?

9 minutes ago, insert name said:

Yeah, the Royals need to fix the crown. It's way to dark. 

It’s exactly the same as it has been for the past 20+ years. The old mustard gold was a print use shade.

Let’s consult game-worn examples:

58721_02_lg.jpg

(1972)

18114e_med.jpeg

(2015)

They’re pretty much the same.

It’s just a matter of digital rendering, choosing to use the (overly-dark) metallic Pantone shade in reproductions instead of a flat shade. A flat shade would look better in digital formats (e.g., 465 C).

Pantone.465C.jpg