SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

On 3/4/2019 at 9:52 PM, CitizenTino said:

After seeing what happened to the Browns when they overhauled their uniforms shortly after Nike took over the NFL and the Cavs’ uniforms once Nike took over the NBA, forgive me for being a little wary of what would happen to the Indians once Nike gets MLB.

Also: There has been talk that the Indians are working on a new secondary mark for 2020, but nothing about a complete overhaul as far as I know.

The backlash they would get from a name change would be a million times worse than the small group of people offended right now. Most people think Cleveland is a joke, but they care about their teams.

So are they the first team to wear their primary logo on the front of their jersey, besides the turn the clock forward games

11 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

So are they the first team to wear their primary logo on the front of their jersey, besides the turn the clock forward games

Cincinnati Reds

Atlanta Braves

Chicago Cubs

Chicago White Sox

Detroit Tigers, too, though the D's and primary logos have changed.

22 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I so wish they would dump the navy and go powder blue and yellow.

Dumping navy altogether? No thank you. That's what gets you the awful yellow monstrosities they created for the away version of their fauxbacks that would have never been created even by the most outlandish sports uniform designers in the 1970s.

But I've long said that the fauxbacks can be the base design of a redesign that more efficiently utilizes all three team colors.

rays.png.78b5579e25a616cd47cdbefe73b22d3f.png

23 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I so wish they would dump the navy and go powder blue and yellow.

Eh not so much.  There isnt enough contrast with just light blue and gold.  The navy needs to be there, even just to provide some separation.

6 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Eh not so much.  There isnt enough contrast with just light blue and gold.  The navy needs to be there, even just to provide some separation.

Correct, which is why this...

Image result for rays st cap

is better than this...

Image result for rays st cap

15 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

They should really just bring the green back. There early to mid 00s set was underrated.

Just a thought... anyone ever realize they actually had 2 of that mid 00s green set? 2001-04 it was green but heavier on the black and 05-07 it had more emphasis on the green than the black but now with a little more touches of blue. The jerseys and wordmarks also were tweaked a bit as well. Just sayin because I think a lot of people forgot about this. 

Image result for 2003 devil rays

Related image

16 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

They should really just bring the green back. There early to mid 00s set was underrated.

I've always thought a kelly green and columbia blue combo would look good for the Rays.  Maybe if they ever get a new, brighter stadium.

Those 2000s sets were underrated but they fall to obscurity because the team was super irrelevant. 

4 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Unpopular opinion but I don’t see any redeeming qualities in the green set.  

Totes. It was a drab, dreary-looking set with a terrible lettering font.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Forest Green, Royal Blue, and black don’t mix particularly well. While those white outlines may have improved the look, there’s no getting past the dated font and the lack of bright accents. The green would have been a good starting point, but after that, no thanks.

OMG those outlines. How the hell is this popular, other than that at the time, their OG uniforms were ridiculed relentlessly?

The Rays have never really had a uniform that I'd consider great or even particularly good. I will say though that I felt they upgraded when they unveiled their current look in 2008. I also carry the unpopular opinion (at least on here) that the ray of sunlight is better than the manta ray in terms of the nickname Rays. The manta ray always feels a bit minor leagueish to me.