SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

Orioles, Tigers (Head logo), Marlins, A’s, Washington, and Royals are all possibly better than their actual caps

Hear me out... the Rays with Tulane’s color scheme. A blend of the above-mentioned green era and the current light blue. 

I’m honestly not understanding the love for the A’s new BP cap. It’s a cool idea, and any time they can use the elephant more is good, but better than their actual caps? Not seeing it at all. In fact, the last elephant logo they used on a BP cap (the current sleeve logo) is a WAY better logo. I don’t hate the BP logo they’re using this year or anything, but it’s sort of meh if you ask me. If I didn’t know what it was and wasn’t versed in the A’s history with the elephant, it would probably take me a bit to figure out just what it is from any distance. It also bugs me that they’re going green and white and just completely omitting the gold while they still have it on the rest of the uniform. I get it’s meant to be a bit of a throwback look (as was last year’s cap), but I’m just not feeling it. 

9 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Hear me out... the Rays with Tulane’s color scheme. A blend of the above-mentioned green era and the current light blue. 

They had light blue in the green era, just not enough. (well I guess it was more royal blue, not light blue)

And a lighter green would look great. 

Navy, light blue, and light green, and maybe a little yellow would look great, I think.  This seems palette (without the mid-blue) seems perfect for the Rays.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/253713922015/NCAA_Womens_Final_Four/2015/Primary_Logo

9 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

I did that one with the current fonts some time ago.

20298893285_1ec186e556_b.jpg

I’m not as big of a fan of it now. The fonts aren’t particularly outstanding, and I wish the Rays would use more bright secondary colors. That’s why I’ve come around to the 1998-2000 Rays a little, because the bright gradients worked well in the dark venue.

Think the Daytona Tortugas:

spacer.png

Yeah, the Tortugas are great. Essentially remove black from the early-2000s jerseys, make light blue more prominent and lighten up the green. 

The Rays are interesting, though. I didn’t like the green set at the time, and initially thought the switch to navy and light blue was great. It was probably a mix of light blue being my favorite color and the success the team had right after the change. But the further we’re removed from it, I find myself wanting the green to return in some way. 

What about just powder blue and gold with no navy for the Rays? 

I could make an argument for the Rays adopting the original Buccaneers colors too, but I'm not crazy about adding yet another color scheme in their already convoluted history. At least powder blue and gold is an intuitive evolution of what they wear now.

Light blue should be their primary color, with their original shade of green as a secondary color, and yellow/gold as the tertiary.

1 hour ago, NicDB said:

Yes!!!!

5 hours ago, NicDB said:

You'd likely need to darken the blue a bit, maybe 60s Chargers darker.  Could work though.

2 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

You'd likely need to darken the blue a bit, maybe 60s Chargers darker.  Could work though.

The 60s Chargers were exactly what I had in mind, actually.

14 hours ago, NicDB said:

I could make an argument for the Rays adopting the original Buccaneers colors too, but I'm not crazy about adding yet another color scheme in their already convoluted history. At least powder blue and gold is an intuitive evolution of what they wear now.

The original Buccaneers colors, or something similar, would be a good look in MLB. I guess it could work for the Rays, fully embracing the Sun Ray theme.

Image result for tampa bay bucs 1990sImage result for usc baseball

Image result for usc baseball

A slightly darker powder blue and yellow would look good too:

NCAA BASEBALL: JUN 01 UCLA v Gonzaga : News PhotoCOLLEGE BASEBALL: MAY 05 UCLA at Arizona : News PhotoImage result for ucla baseball

As long as we're talking about the Rays, I still prefer the more literal manta ray identity than the more abstract "ray of light" they have now. As for their colors, I agree some green mixed with powder blue would be an interesting look.

I too prefer the actual stingray. Only one more year and we wouldve had Devil Rays-Phillies World Series, which would’ve been better

Wouldn’t have that last problem if they didn’t insist on putting names on the back for merchandising.  😛 

After all this time, it just occurred to me: do the Angels and Rangers have the same number font?

52 minutes ago, Quillz said:

After all this time, it just occurred to me: do the Angels and Rangers have the same number font?

Both are similar in that they have the pointy flares on the sides but the Rangers is essentially a modified block whereas the Angels is more curved.

spacer.png

54 minutes ago, insert name said:

Similar fonts was a thing in the 90's too and they had the same main color. 

Image result for texas rangers 1995

Related image

Potato, Patato, Tomato, Tamato

the both have anniversary logos on the left sleeve and alternate logos on the right, the same type of pipping and stripes, same font (with the smallest of differences) and the same colors. How did they get away with this. The only difference you could truly tell is the name on the front