SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Potato, Patato, Tomato, Tamato

 

the both have anniversary logos on the left sleeve and alternate logos on the right, the same type of pipping and stripes, same font (with the smallest of differences) and the same colors. How did they get away with this. The only difference you could truly tell is the name on the front 

 

The Rangers had a red cap and the Angels was navy.

 

While these are similar, the Dodgers and Royals look more alike than anyone else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

 

The Rangers had a red cap and the Angels was navy.

 

While these are similar, the Dodgers and Royals look more alike than anyone else. 

This is why I wanted a Dodgers-Royals WS so much back in 2015 or so. The idea of two teams virtually identical to one another would have been fun to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t like this change. 

 

If you're a pinstripe team, you should always be wearing pinstripes.  Having two pairs of pants, the mix-and-match, it dilutes the team’s identity.  

 

At least with pinstripe pants there was some continuity between the regular uniforms and the softball tops. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

 

 

God, I hate that black sleeveless alt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Don’t like this change. 

 

If you're a pinstripe team, you should always be wearing pinstripes.  Having two pairs of pants, the mix-and-match, it dilutes the team’s identity.  

 

At least with pinstripe pants there was some continuity between the regular uniforms and the softball tops. 

I agree completely. Hate this move.

 

I suppose this means they are on the verge of getting rid of the pinstripes entirely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what, I like it!

 

You gotta admit that pinstriped pants don’t mesh well with solid jerseys. 

 

This:

spacer.png

 

Is better than this:

spacer.png

 

I don’t think it’s diluting the brand or anything like that. It’s just making the alternate uniform look better (then again, making both Rockies alternates better is a tall task).

 

6 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

I agree completely. Hate this move.

 

I suppose this means they are on the verge of getting rid of the pinstripes entirely.

 

I doubt it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t have to admit it, actually.  Because I don’t agree that first one is better than the second. ;) 

 

But if the problem really is that colored tops don’t work with the team’s main uniforms, then the answer is simple: don’t wear those colored tops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2019 at 7:06 PM, SFGiants58 said:

You know what, I like it!

 

You gotta admit that pinstriped pants don’t mesh well with solid jerseys. 

 

This:

spacer.png

 

Is better than this:

spacer.png

 

I don’t think it’s diluting the brand or anything like that. It’s just making the alternate uniform look better (then again, making both Rockies alternates better is a tall task).

 

 

I doubt it.

 

The Rockies alts' would look better if they just went with "ROCKIES". Fewer letters and simple coloring look better in the TNR font across the front. The '95-99 road aways were the best away jerseys they've ever worn. 

 

spacer.png

spacer.png

 

The Mets look pretty bad in the blue alt and the pinstripes. Headspoon piping flows...right into pinstripes? Ugh. 

 

I just hope the Rockies' pants have piping too. Plain white pants is just way too bland with colored alternates. 

 

 

 

OFF TOPIC...don't know if it's being discussed elsewhere, sorry if I missed it here...today is Paul's last day at ESPN. I think that sucks, and I'm no huge fan of the guy. He had a great run at ESPN. And either I've changed or Paul's changed recently (perhaps after his big decision last year)...but his content has been pretty on-point the last few months. Seems like fewer externalities and more logo stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I don’t have to admit it, actually.  Because I don’t agree that first one is better than the second. ;) 

 

But if the problem really is that colored tops don’t work with the team’s main uniforms, then the answer is simple: don’t wear those colored tops.

So basically what the Cubs did after Carlos Zambrano left, where the blues haven't been worn at home in years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

You know what, I like it!

 

You gotta admit that pinstriped pants don’t mesh well with solid jerseys. 

 

This:

spacer.png

 

Is better than this:

spacer.png

 

I don’t think it’s diluting the brand or anything like that. It’s just making the alternate uniform look better (then again, making both Rockies alternates better is a tall task).

 

 

I doubt it.

 

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I don’t have to admit it, actually.  Because I don’t agree that first one is better than the second. ;) 

 

But if the problem really is that colored tops don’t work with the team’s main uniforms, then the answer is simple: don’t wear those colored tops.

 

I must say I generally agree on don't wear colored tops if your default uniform is pinstripes. 

 

However, the Mets look infinitely better without the pins. And those colored tops are gorgeous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

You know what, I like it!

 

You gotta admit that pinstriped pants don’t mesh well with solid jerseys. 

 

This:

 

 

Is better than this:

I have to disagree with you on this. The bottom picture looks better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t mind the Solid Top-Pinstripe Bottom combo but I prefer the top photo over the bottom. Are they at least gonna have a stripe on the side? Because if it’s just plain white pants, then it’s gonna look really boring especially with the pipeless purples. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Green Caps Across MLB Today for St Patrick’s Day

March 17, 2019 - 14:20 PM

Every Major League Baseball club will be donning green and white versions of their usual Spring caps today in honour of St. Patrick’s Day. As is Major League tradition, every cap follows the same template except for the San Francisco […]

Read More...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Merry Christmas

spacer.png

Makes me wish there was a red/green team in baseball. Not a bad color combination at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.