SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Merry Christmas

spacer.png

 

Some other red helmet, green jersey teams today in the form of Cincinnati.

 

 
And the Phillies
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Quillz said:

Makes me wish there was a red/green team in baseball. Not a bad color combination at all.

Check out the NCAA baseball thread and U. of Hawaii uniforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2019 at 3:40 PM, Gothamite said:

Don’t like this change. 

 

If you're a pinstripe team, you should always be wearing pinstripes.  Having two pairs of pants, the mix-and-match, it dilutes the team’s identity.  

 

At least with pinstripe pants there was some continuity between the regular uniforms and the softball tops. 

 

The thing is the Rockies are both a Pinstripe and non Pinstripe wearing team. Albeit the home look is with pinstripes. I'm one that the Pinstripes should stay as I like them and actually wish they'd go back to pinstripes on the road as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

 

The thing is the Rockies are both a Pinstripe and non Pinstripe wearing team. Albeit the home look is with pinstripes. 

 

All pinstripe wearing teams don’t wear pinstripes on the road. Yankees, Cubs, Phillies, White Sox, Mets, Rockies...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly.  It’s been years since we had a pinstripe on the road team, and those were always the exception. 

 

A “pinstripe team” is one that wears them at home.  Like the Rockies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pinstripe dress pants look stupid if not worn as part of a suit. Sure you might occasionally remove your jacket, but you’d never wear pinstriped pants on their own - or at least you shouldn’t. 

 

Point being that no team should wear pinstriped pants with their alts. If you’re not wearing a pinstriped jersey then you’re not a pinstriped team - at least that day.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Pinstripe dress pants look stupid if not worn as part of a suit. Sure you might occasionally remove your jacket, but you’d never wear pinstriped pants on their own - or at least you shouldn’t. 

 

 

Most pinstripe dress pants are subtle, and thus really aren't comparable to baseball pinstripes. I see many people wearing pinstripe pants without jackets, especially on warm days.

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2019 at 3:31 AM, WSU151 said:

 

All pinstripe wearing teams don’t wear pinstripes on the road. Yankees, Cubs, Phillies, White Sox, Mets, Rockies...

 

Currently yes that is the case. But not always. Twins, Diamondbacks, Reds, Rockies, Padres, Angels, all wore Pinstripes both at home and on the road during the years that they wore pinstripes. I'd even venture to say outside of the Angels( though I have a nostalgic fondness for that era even though that look is widely regarded as bad) and Padres ( Navy/Orange was their best IMO) all these teams looked best during their era wearing pinstripes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And yet none of those pinstripes-on-the-road looks managed to last.  I think there's a reason for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

And yet none of those pinstripes-on-the-road looks managed to last.  I think there's a reason for that.

 

The Twins kept it for 22 years. Granted, they lost all of their World Series games while wearing their road uniforms, but it was still a “signature” of theirs (one I don’t like).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2019 at 10:02 AM, WSU151 said:

 

Most pinstripe dress pants are subtle, and thus really aren't comparable to baseball pinstripes. I see many people wearing pinstripe pants without jackets, especially on warm days.

 

spacer.png

 

 

But like you said, those pinstripes are subtle and it doesn't stick out when worn without a jacket.

 

These are a different story:

 

 

Related imageImage result for mens pinstripe dress pants

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, daveindc said:

 

 

But like you said, those pinstripes are subtle and it doesn't stick out when worn without a jacket.

 

These are a different story:

 

 

Related imageImage result for mens pinstripe dress pants

 

 

But I wouldn't like those pants even with a matching jacket lol. 

 

OMMV. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, daveindc said:

These are a different story:

Related image

 

 

Those look like they're from Macy's Mafia collection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#RingTheBell is alot better than "BeBold" for the phillies.

In fact I hope that crappy slogan is gone now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i don't understand the Boston hashtag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m just waiting for the Memorial Day and Independence Day caps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the Mariners and As have ads on the right sleeves for the Japan opening series. I really hope ads dont come to MLB uniforms....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.