SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

2 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

Looks like the Mariners and As have ads on the right sleeves for the Japan opening series. I really hope ads dont come to MLB uniforms....

Teams have been doing that since 2000 for the Japan opening series.   Sometimes they even added helmet ads too.

CcYyqI1XEAEYZuH.jpg

I'm usually pretty wary of the slippery slope, but after twenty years it seems unlikely that this is a test case or step on the way.

13 hours ago, Pengin. said:

i don't understand the Boston hashtag

Supposedly the song Dirty Water is the Red Sox victory anthem....Google is your friend.

Considering the chorus, it isn't hard to understand why the Red Sox adopted it.

Well I love that dirty water
Oh, Boston, you're my home

Of course, the song was originally a sort of ironic and back-handed.  But given enough time, irony becomes sincerity and jokes about the Boston Strangler are less about the fear of living in a dangerous place and more about "look how tough we are".

#RattleOn and #MotorOn is the best they can do for Arizona and Detroit? 😳🙄

57 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Of course, the song was originally a sort of ironic and back-handed.  But given enough time, irony becomes sincerity and jokes about the Boston Strangler are less about the fear of living in a dangerous place and more about "look how tough we are".

Don’t you mean Boston Stranglers? Albert DeSalvo was killed trying to take back his confession, the DNA test was both conclusive and inconclusive, and most FBI profilers agree that there were multiple assailants.

I’m sorry, but it’s a pet peeve of mine.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

I spent way too long trying to figure out how The Foo Fighters' "Dirty Water" related to Boston in any way. Your song makes more sense.

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

Don’t you mean Boston Stranglers? Albert DeSalvo was killed trying to take back his confession, the DNA test was both conclusive and inconclusive, and most FBI profilers agree that there were multiple assailants.

I’m sorry, but it’s a pet peeve of mine.

I think your beef is with the Standells; they’re the ones who wrote it, not me. 😎

Just now, Gothamite said:

I think your beef is with the Standells; they’re the ones who wrote it, not me. 😎

True.

Back on topic, the Giants' one is delightfully dull. #SFGiants is better than #forevergiant or #evenyear. #SFGiants is less prone to picking apart.

On 3/20/2019 at 11:03 AM, Gothamite said:

Of course, the song was originally a sort of ironic and back-handed. 

The same is true of Randy Newman's "I Love LA," which is played after nearly every L.A. team victory. The lyrics are actually satirical and he's contrasting the wealthy areas with the poorest, but the meaning is lost on many people.

9 hours ago, Quillz said:

The same is true of Randy Newman's "I Love LA," which is played after nearly every L.A. team victory. The lyrics are actually satirical and he's contrasting the wealthy areas with the poorest, but the meaning is lost on many people.

Which is why I wish more LA teams would play this little-known (to non-Barry White fans) gem. Just gotta bleep out that Raiders shoutout lol

We got the Rams and Raiders
The Dodgers and Lakers
And L.A. Kings 
Whatever you like
Is out here at night
In the West Coast scene”

Why are the Mariners playing the Padres at the Rangers' stadium? Actually this is the newly renamed T-Mobile park in Seattle. Unfortunately the T-Mobile T-Diamond logo looks an awful lot like a Rangers' logo. Yikes. 

TexasRangersMariners.jpg

12 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Why are the Mariners playing the Padres at the Rangers' stadium? Actually this is the newly renamed T-Mobile park in Seattle. Unfortunately the T-Mobile T-Diamond logo looks an awful lot like a Rangers' logo. Yikes. 

TexasMariners.jpg

Wow... they sure didn't think that through.

1 minute ago, NicDB said:

Wow... they sure didn't think that through.

I'm wondering if they'll change it out at some point. Not good that after one game, it's a topic on Seattle Sports Radio today. 

9 hours ago, hawk36 said:

TexasRangersMariners.jpg

After the Citi Field opening season patch debacle (where the first version was basically the citi logo) I thought teams would have made sure something like that didn't happen.

spacer.png

^^^ Is that a new alternate Mariners mark (the "M" with the compass rose on the scorebug), or just used for TV?

On 3/14/2019 at 3:47 PM, coco1997 said:

God, I hate that black sleeveless alt. 

I do too!  I wish they would swap that one out for a pullover EY 1993 era all black rockies jersey with the "ROCKIES" script on the front and the mountain patch on the sleeve.  With pinstripe pants.  

The 1993 black jersey was fantastic, for what is was.

spacer.png

It’d look even better without the inlays.

spacer.png

They really don’t need black.

4 hours ago, Bob5151 said:

^^^ Is that a new alternate Mariners mark (the "M" with the compass rose on the scorebug), or just used for TV?

Probably just used for TV/Spring Training games.