SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

22 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

For those watching the Giants and the Padres, has anyone noticed the Willie McCovey and Peter Magowan patches on the Giants' sleeves?

Too much going on there

gallery_xlarge.jpg

32 minutes ago, poser said:

Too much going on there

gallery_xlarge.jpg

Yeah, that’s a lot.

It’s redeemed somewhat by the fact that the two memorial patches are simple and compliment each other.  Overly-fussy designs, too many colors, or clashing styles would make it much, much worse.

5 hours ago, DAKINS24 said:

No way, save the all blue for away games.  The white panel at home is the best look they've ever had.

Image result for 1992 blue jays

I agree, I have one of these, and yea it's their best no doubt, the best white panel hat ever.

You guys may have answered this earlier, but a quick check at the thread didn’t bring an answer. I just turned on the Houston/TB game, and the Rays hats don’t have the MLB 150 patch on them today. Watched the Cardinals yesterday, so I’m not sure if the Rays had it yesterday, but I can only imagine that they did. Surely that wasn’t just an opening day thing...? 

2 minutes ago, BelfourThibault said:

You guys may have answered this earlier, but a quick check at the thread didn’t bring an answer. I just turned on the Houston/TB game, and the Rays hats don’t have the MLB 150 patch on them today. Watched the Cardinals yesterday, so I’m not sure if the Rays had it yesterday, but I can only imagine that they did. Surely that wasn’t just an opening day thing...? 

Cap patch was only for Opening Day, Jersey Patch is season-long.

Just now, simtek34 said:

Cap patch was only for Opening Day, Jersey Patch is season-long.

Thanks. I’m mildly disappointed, because I thought the patch was quite nice in its simplicity and size. I don’t buy a new jersey every year, but I definitely would’ve picked up a new Cardinals hat to commemorate the 2019/150 season. 

The Padres had the 150 patch under their 50th anniversary patch yesterday and the whole thing looked like a huge mess. I’m actually kinda happy those were only a one day deal. 

If anything, they should’ve changed the batterman logo for the year considering it’s also the anniversary of that mark. They should’ve make it a chromaflex patch in gold with a 150 over it or something. 

1 hour ago, Bucfan56 said:

If anything, they should’ve changed the batterman logo for the year considering it’s also the anniversary of that mark. They should’ve make it a chromaflex patch in gold with a 150 over it or something. 

I hate side patches in every case.  Using the back would've been a much better solution.

Does anyone know what’s going on with the Phillies uniforms this year? As I have it:

Home

Cream Alts (Home day games)

Throwbacks (Thursday home games)

Road

...why go to the trouble of establishing the throwback as a new full-blown alternate if they’re only going to wear it 8 times?

Kind of tough to see here, but the Mariners have new 3D helmet decals this season:

spacer.png

The Twins are debuting their navy alternates vs. Cleveland today. Overall, they’re not bad I guess, but they’re not phenomenal either.

Not sure if this is the Right place to post this, but 

982190784.jpeg&c=sc&w=850&h=560

tlumacki_redsoxvsseattle_sports137.jpg?uuid=-g55cHc4Eeih5uvDQ17ZDA

Can I just say, I always thought that the White lettering The Red Sox used on their Practice Jerseys stands out SO MUCH better than the Navy the use on their actual Red Alternates. Stands out much better. I've always had a hard time making out the names on darker colors. 

Didn't see any comments about the new Braves navy alternate in action but they look like the Indians (with white name lettering instead of red)

D273_5OXgAM93P1.jpgD273_5OXcAEVTaS.jpg

Jim-Thome-powers-indians-past-Twins.jpg