SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

5 hours ago, BelfourThibault said:

you actually at least felt like you were getting $300 worth of material.

$300 is a lot of money.  I'm not sure how the material of any sports jersey is "worth" $300.  They must be master marketers if they can convince people of that.

16 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

And as soon as they do, they go and get swept. SMDH...

and now they'll probably never wear it again. 

8 hours ago, BelfourThibault said:

Let me apologize if this is the wrong thread to ask, and I'm sure it's been discussed here (somewhere). I'm about to pull the trigger on a new Cardinals authentic for the first time in years. My last Cardinals/MLB authentic predates the "cool base" fabric, when you actually at least felt like you were getting $300 worth of material. Anyway, as everyone knows, there's been a crazy shift over the last decade or so in "authentics" not even really being close to the on field/on ice product. Are the baseball authentics at least a little closer than the NHL/NFL crap they're marketing as authentic now?

For those interested in buying team-spec authentics - I've had great luck at MLB team stores (at the stadium), especially to find game-used or team-spec gear at reasonable prices. Although I don't live close to an MLB ballpark, last season I attended an Orioles game, and their team store had a huge selection of game-worn and team-issued jerseys for $50, $75, and $100 (depending on popularity of player). If you don't care about whose name or number is on it, these can be a great bargain. I had a similar experience in Toronto, although those were a bit more expensive - in the $100 - $150 range. These types of prices can often be found on eBay too, so you don't necessarily have to go to a team store in-person.

This even holds true in minor league cities. I live in Rochester, NY (home of the Red Wings). Red Wings new team-spec (Russell's coolbase equivalent) jerseys are $246 at the team store. But they have game-used jerseys in the back for $75 and $100. 

Good luck!  

30 minutes ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

MLB Unveils 2019 Holiday, All-Star Caps and Uniforms

April 12, 2019 - 16:31 PM

It’s like the excitement of Opening Day all over again! This afternoon, Major League Baseball released 180(!) new caps, that’s six caps for each of the 30 teams in the league, that will be worn throughout the 2019 season in […]

Read More...

Some really bad looks here (That Home Run Derby cap, woof), but overall this is a MUCH better direction than the past several seasons. I’m a big fan of that Memorial Day treatment. Simple, yet elegant. Just like it should be. 

24 minutes ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

It’s like the excitement of Opening Day all over again! This afternoon, Major League Baseball released 180(!) new caps, that’s six caps for each of the 30 teams in the league, that will be worn throughout the 2019 season in […]

Read More...

Mothers day hat isnt bad.but throwbacks for July 4th?

The all star workout and game hats arent bad, but the jerseys are sleeveless?

32 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

Some really bad looks here (That Home Run Derby cap, woof), but overall this is a MUCH better direction than the past several seasons. I’m a big fan of that Memorial Day treatment. Simple, yet elegant. Just like it should be. 

Agreed on Memorial Day patch. That looks fantastic and feels appropriate. The worst from my perspective is the fathers day blue. It just does not look appealing at all.

I like the All Star hats - actually wouldn't be a bad hat for Cleveland full time (minus the stars). 

The All-Star Stance socks are really cool with the homage to a band's world tour poster/t-shirt. 

A couple people on the mothership site said the Angels should have gone with a throwback for July 4th...I thought The Show has them in a throwback? Perhaps the Angels changed at the last minute?

The Memorial Day unis are really nice.

The Fathers Day caps are pretty bad. 

I like that they cut down on silly uniforms and settled for a simple ribbon and patch. Most of these hats kinda stink. I like the idea of retro hats for the 4th of July but most all of them look terrible with the American flag all over it. I do like the ASG in-game hats. 

I do think it's interesting that they decided to do a sleeve-less uniform for the ASG. 

The way Cleveland's logo has a white outline is how their regular caps should look. And why is the caveman C being used at all?

I like the use of the throwback hats.  I wish MLB did a throwback weekend or two (this would give a chance for a home and away series) where teams had to go all out with the throwbacks.  But making sure the teams were wearing throwbacks from the same era.  

You know, the 4th of July caps made me think of something that I think would be cool.

What if they had a Throwback Weekend where teams wear an era appropriate jersey and hat? Like 1900, 1930, 1970s, etc. and for those teams that weren't around use either a Minor League team from that era or do a fauxback like the Rays do for the 80s? I think that would be really cool.

Maybe even do Negro League inspired jerseys on Jackie Robinson Day?

Okay I am probably getting ahead of myself.

8 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

$300 is a lot of money.  I'm not sure how the material of any sports jersey is "worth" $300.  They must be master marketers if they can convince people of that.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you there. My point was mostly about how I preferred the older baseball jersey material, which seemed much more substantial. 

I was dry heaving while looking at most of those holiday/specialty cap concepts. Who is going to fork over $37 for them outside of the most dedicated collectors?

6 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Read More...

I like the ASG caps with the crown piping. I always thought teams with pinstripes should likewise wear "pinstripe" caps. And I mean in this style, not the way the Reds did it (which was messy and apparently faded quickly). Might get both a Dodgers and Blue Jays cap, really like the style this season.

6 hours ago, insert name said:

I like that they cut down on silly uniforms and settled for a simple ribbon and patch. Most of these hats kinda stink. I like the idea of retr hats for the 4th of July but most all of them look terrible with the American flag all over it. I do like the ASG in-game hats. 

I do think it's interesting that they decided to do a sleeve-less uniform for the ASG. 

Yeah, there’s a pretty severe cognitive dissonance in play with the throwback look mashed up with the modern merchandising flag vomit look.

It really bothers me the way New Era handles the Reds's wishbone C. First, they use the wrong C. The primary logo and uniform C both are much more open than the C used on the cap. Second, they insist on forcing the drop shadow into all the specialty caps even when the cap is working with just two colors. 

14 minutes ago, 14er said:

It really bothers me the way New Era handles the Reds's wishbone C. First, they use the wrong C. The primary logo and uniform C both are much more open than the C used on the cap. Second, they insist on forcing the drop shadow into all the specialty caps even when the cap is working with just two colors. 

What makes you think that’s New Era’s doing, instead of the Reds insisting that New Era use their actual logo?

9 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Read More...

Maybe this has been answered somewhere already, but what font does Chris use for the presentation titles on all of his graphics?

2019-mlb-memorial-day-uniform-590x663.jp

Also, I will say that the new trend for Memorial Day is very classy. I love it.