SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

Easy pass on all those trash hats. 

Anyone else notice the Rangers armed forces patch is crooked?  These likely won't even be $37. I'm guessing $40 range. $50 range at the ballparks.  

I do like the flat 4th of July flag batterman. 

Otherwise, it's sad that 90% of these logos have rarely been used in their regular color fashion. Twins M has been worn once two years back. Let's see these logos pop up more regularly before pimping them out for this crap. 

Memorial patches look like the same sort of canvas/felt as the MLB 150 patchs. Surely not worth buying a new cap for. Simplicity of that set is nice. It would be cool for one year if we just saw normal jerseys and hats, with event patches. There's enough retro hat styles out, they could TBTC every special event. 

I wish the fathers and mother's day caps had a bit more color. I feel you can have pink and baby blue accents without making them so dull. 

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

What makes you think that’s New Era’s doing, instead of the Reds insisting that New Era use their actual logo?

It may be the Reds doing. Though I would suggest that the application of the Mothers & Fathers Day caps is not the same logo as their standard caps. Anyone have any insight on how much say each club has in the special event designs?

And on the other point, has the mismatched wishbone C logos been addressed here before? I haven't had much luck finding anything. 

1 hour ago, MattMill said:

Anyone else notice the Rangers armed forces patch is crooked?

Wait, what?

13 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Wait, what?

The 8th graphic from the link shows this 

spacer.png

It's leaning to the left (or counter clockwise). Good o'l overseas production, now that the new era derby factory is officially gone. 

Buyer beware of every single new era item from here on out. And this will be speciality priced too. 

CzIPiwx.jpgThe Twins have been using yellow, Royal, powder and light red on their promotional material and at Target field this year and it's bugging the hell out of me. Hopefully not a sign of things to come

22 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

I was dry heaving while looking at most of those holiday/specialty cap concepts. Who is going to fork over $37 for them outside of the most dedicated collectors?

Idiots AKA most of the population

16 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

CzIPiwx.jpgThe Twins have been using yellow, Royal, powder and light red on their promotional material and at Target field this year and it's bugging the hell out of me. Hopefully not a sign of things to come

That matches the social media graphics package their using this year. I don’t think it looks good at all, but I also don’t imagine it will be for anything more than this year.

aYy1m07.jpg

The Cardinals aren’t wearing their blue caps and belts against the Reds tonight in Mexico and that makes me sad. 

Notably to me with the Twins even in the new graphics package they still use the borderless TC instead of the mustard-trim TC. 

So even though they killed the best Twins uniform for another terrible uniform to push the mustard into the color identity, they're not ballsy enough to just fully commit all the way. So we're left with a bunch of mismatched and inconsistent logos. Their branding people have no idea what they're doing.

16 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

The Cardinals aren’t wearing their blue caps and belts against the Reds tonight in Mexico and that makes me sad. 

Nor their Saturday Powder Blues. My guess is, with it being a quick 2-game series in Mexico and then off to Milwaukee, they just decided to pack light.

7 minutes ago, McCall said:

Nor their Saturday Powder Blues. My guess is, with it being a quick 2-game series in Mexico and then off to Milwaukee, they just decided to pack light.

Oh yeah...I forgot about the powder blues already. You’re probably right about them not wanting to pack extra caps, although I still think they packthe wrong ones most of the time on the road anyway

On 4/12/2019 at 12:00 PM, AstroBull21 said:

Mothers day hat isnt bad.but throwbacks for July 4th?

The all star workout and game hats arent bad, but the jerseys are sleeveless?

Only the workout jerseys are sleeveless, and it’s not the first time for that. The ASG is white/gray.

Not sure if this was said before, but the Cardinals and Reds are wearing Ford advertisements on their helmets for the Mexico Series.

yvc8jeywb4s21.png

And as you can see the Cardinals are wearing their red hats for the series, instead of their navy hats.

Is there any other team other than the Padres back to brown rumored to change next year. Like Milwaukee to royal or Philly to Maroon/Light Blue not just as alts?

1 hour ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

Is there any other team other than the Padres back to brown rumored to change next year. Like Milwaukee to royal or Philly to Maroon/Light Blue not just as alts?

The Brewers have been rumored to change for most of the decade at this point.

1 hour ago, zigbazah said:

Do you all prefer the Royals script in royal or white on the powder blue jersey?

2ljma78.jpg

2cnt4xj.jpg

Definitely the white script. I'd prefer the numbers be white too. It'd look more like the original, but with better legibility.

Also this is a 22,000 seat stadium that seems 1/2 empty. What a disaster. Totally pointless

I have no issue with the occasional game out of the country. But only in a location that actually wants to see major league baseball and will fill the stadium

Do you all prefer the Royals script in royal or white on the powder blue jersey?

2ljma78.jpg

2cnt4xj.jpg

White but I’d get rid of the outline

2ljma78.jpg

2cnt4xj.jpg

Definitely white, and I’d change the front number to white too. After that, it’d be perfect in my opinion.