SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

8 hours ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

Is there any other team other than the Padres back to brown rumored to change next year. Like Milwaukee to royal or Philly to Maroon/Light Blue not just as alts?

Brewers rumors happen every year, and never come true. 

Slight tangent; I’m confident that the Brewers will indeed be changing pretty soon, but it won’t be to royal. 

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I've come to believe navy and yellow is the direction for the Brewers to go into the future.  Royal and yellow is nice, but navy wouldn't symbolically erase the accomplishments of the Miller Park-era Brewers teams, which have actually been to the playoffs more than the original BiG era clubs at this point (granted it was much more difficult to even make the playoffs in that era).  

2 hours ago, NicDB said:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I've come to believe navy and yellow is the direction for the Brewers to go into the future.  Royal and yellow is nice, but navy wouldn't symbolically erase the accomplishments of the Miller Park-era Brewers teams, which have actually been to the playoffs more than the original BiG era clubs at this point (granted it was much more difficult to even make the playoffs in that era).  

The Brewers haven't accomplished anything significant in those uniforms, and they will always be associated with Ryan Fraud.

As soon as his contract is up, they should go back to their World Series royal blue and yellow full-time and finally ditch the Ryan Fraud era uniforms forever.

18 minutes ago, daveindc said:

The Brewers haven't accomplished anything significant in those uniforms, and they will always be associated with Ryan Fraud.

As soon as his contract is up, they should go back to their World Series royal blue and yellow full-time and finally ditch the Ryan Fraud era uniforms forever.

I'm talking about keeping navy blue, not the uniforms themselves. But if you think last year was "nothing," then you're obviously not a fan.

I also imagine you're a real blast at parties.

Dodgers Throwback Uniforms, Everyone in 42 for Jackie Robinson Day 2019

April 15, 2019 - 16:20 PM

Today is Jackie Robinson Day across Major League Baseball, an annual celebration of the anniversary of Jackie Robinson breaking the colour barrier when he made his début with the Brooklyn Dodgers on April 15, 1947. Since the 2009 season, every […]

Read More...

Isn’t this the design they used after the Boston Marathon bombing? It was thrown together quickly then. It has sort of become a tradition now, and I don’t think it will change. 

21 hours ago, zigbazah said:

Do you all prefer the Royals script in royal or white on the powder blue jersey?

2ljma78.jpg

2cnt4xj.jpg

Keep the white script/blue front number jersey and bring back the powder blue cap. 

2 minutes ago, Brandon9485 said:

Isn’t this the design they used after the Boston Marathon bombing? It was thrown together quickly then. It has sort of become a tradition now, and I don’t think it will change. 

This is correct, it was done in less than 24 hours so not enough time to put the proper letters on the front of the jersey and now that is the way it will be remembered especially after David Ortiz’s “this is our :censored:ing city” speech. 

21 hours ago, zigbazah said:

Do you all prefer the Royals script in royal or white on the powder blue jersey?

2ljma78.jpg   2cnt4xj.jpg

I usually love contrasting front numbers.  (Marlins; Orioles.)  But on the powder blue Royals jerseys all the lettering should be white, and with no outline.

s-l1600.jpg

The Royals are the only team that should use powder blue.  And it goes without saying that this is a road uniform, and that the pants ought to be powder blue also.

47 minutes ago, dont care said:

This is correct, it was done in less than 24 hours so not enough time to put the proper letters on the front of the jersey and now that is the way it will be remembered especially after David Ortiz’s “this is our :censored:ing city” speech. 

They could have easily taken letters off road jerseys if they wanted.  Not sure it was any easier to do it this way. 

9 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

They could have easily taken letters off road jerseys if they wanted.  Not sure it was any easier to do it this way. 

The letters probably wouldn’t have looked as clean, cutting new letters was probably better, and helps distinguish them from both the regular homes and aways.

Whatever the Brewers do, they need to get rid of the white outline on the sleeve logo.  Looks like a bad craft project job.

Pairing the Royals “R” BP/ST hat with their home sets and the regular “KC” hat with the away sets would work in their favor IMO. It looks great in MLB the Show 19.

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I usually love contrasting front numbers.  (Marlins; Orioles.)  But on the powder blue Royals jerseys all the lettering should be white, and with no outline.

s-l1600.jpg

The Royals are the only team that should use powder blue.  And it goes without saying that this is a road uniform, and that the pants ought to be powder blue also.

I think the Brewers have a pretty strong argument against that.

I also like the white outlined in blue better... I think it falls into the same category with all the changes the Brewers made to the original 1982s with their fauxback.

35 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Whatever the Brewers do, they need to get rid of the white outline on the sleeve logo.  Looks like a bad craft project job.

You mean this one?

la-1555171960-sg3b8jvor6-snap-image

Sure, since nothing else on this jersey has a white outline.  But still, that's probably the smallest problem with this look.

8 hours ago, NicDB said:

I'm talking about keeping navy blue, not the uniforms themselves. But if you think last year was "nothing," then you're obviously not a fan.

I also imagine you're a real blast at parties.

lol. No, I'm not a Brewers fan. I do remember the Brewers regularly wearing their gorgeous royal blue and yellow throwbacks right before the playoffs started, then completely ditching them for the navy and gold that they failed in.

Maybe if they had kept wearing these winning colors into the playoffs, like most people seemed to have wanted, they would've accomplished something!

Did MLB and New Era actually get the Brooklyn logo right?