SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Joe Maddon was quoted as saying since the NBA uses Jerry West for their logo model, MLB should do the same with Mike Trout. MLB twitter account promptly changed their profile picture:

spacer.png

It looks BAD. Surely the could’ve found a better picture to go off of.

Big Chungus

Do we have a good schedule of TBTC days?

Reds are doing 15 games of throwbacks, Phillies are wearing powder blues for road Thursdays, Marlins have another teal weekend, and the Angels have a throwback weekend in August. 

Any other rumors?

24 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Reds are doing 15 games of throwbacks, Phillies are wearing powder blues for road Thursdays, Marlins have another teal weekend, and the Angels have a throwback weekend in August. 

Any other rumors?

Rays wearing D-Rays unis a few times this season, starting with this Saturday against Boston.

Trout would need to actually win something before they change the logo to him. Besides, MLB's logo is great. It can depict a right or left handed batter, racially ambiguous, etc. 

3 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

That's a pretty awful rendering. It doesn't have nearly the same legibility as the current MLB logo. It's very blob-like.

I mean, the dude has such a big head. I don't think there's a way around it.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Any other rumors?

Has this actually been confirmed? It was mentioned on one blog many months ago, but I've never seen it mentioned it again elsewhere. Nothing on the team's website or promotional schedule says anything about it.

I wish I knew for sure because I'd buy my tickets for the whole series immediately.

2 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

Has this actually been confirmed? It was mentioned on one blog many months ago, but I've never seen it mentioned it again elsewhere. Nothing on the team's website or promotional schedule says anything about it.

I wish I knew for sure because I'd buy my tickets for the whole series immediately.

https://www.fishstripes.com/2018/9/19/17879918/marlins-news-teal-throwback-uniforms-merchandise-returning-2019-diamondbacks-series

July 26-29 vs the Diamondbacks 

If a change to the league’s logo was to actually happen soon, I’d imagine they’d want to use a retired player’s likeness.

45 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

This is the link where I first saw it reported, but I thought it was refuted and the Marlins haven't ever acknowledged it being planned. I'd go to all 4 games if it's real.

10 hours ago, DNAsports said:

If a change to the league’s logo was to actually happen soon, I’d imagine they’d want to use a retired player’s likeness.

If a change was happening at all, they’d take great pains to affirm that it wasn’t based on any specific player (or photograph). 

Seeing the Tigers on TV reminds me that they made a mistake in "unifying" both the cap and the crest logo. Maybe I have to wait a while in order to get use to it, but it doesn't look right currently. I was originally "for" the enlarged cap logo, but it is hardly noticeable enough for me to even care about it anymore.

13 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Seeing the Tigers on TV reminds me that they made a mistake in "unifying" both the cap and the crest logo. Maybe I have to wait a while in order to get use to it, but it doesn't look right currently. I was originally "for" the enlarged cap logo, but it is hardly noticeable enough for me to even care about it anymore.

They shrunk down the D cap logo. It's somewhere inbetween the jumbo sized and old tiny sized now.

I still think this was the D they should’ve unified:

spacer.png

And though it’s not the same one, the flat top makes it looks close enough to one that has some historical precedence on the cap:

spacer.png

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I still think this was the D they should’ve unified:

spacer.png

And though it’s not the same one, the flat top makes it looks close enough to one that has some historical precedence on the cap:

spacer.png

I always thought this one looks miles better for some reason, especially on the uniforms

On 4/16/2019 at 12:57 PM, WSU151 said:

Any other rumors?

Word in the street:

Mariners going to be Seattle Pilots vs Orioles (and O's wearing throwbacks for 1969)

Mariners wearing "1987" vs Astros who'll be wearing "1989" throwbacks

Pirates wearing gold crown pillbox caps vs Phillies 

Astros will be wearing a hat for 50th anni of Apollo 11

Any word on if the Mets plan to wear their 1969 throwbacks? I can’t imagine they wouldn’t on the 50th anniversary. 

1 hour ago, insert name said:

Any word on if the Mets plan to wear their 1969 throwbacks? I can’t imagine they wouldn’t on the 50th anniversary. 

I can’t believe they aren’t commemorating it with a patch.