SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

14 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I can’t believe they aren’t commemorating it with a patch. 

Consider the time and effort thrown into the season long celebration of the 1986 team with throwbacks every Sunday, I can’t believe half that effort isn’t thrown to the 1969 team that won their FIRST championship. 

They're going to celebrate it in a series against the Braves in June. I imagine maybe that weekend will have a special patch.

How much different with a throwback uniform be? I think the main difference on the uniform is no names on the back and the older style NY on the cap.

Doesn't seem like something you can really sell to the regular person, just nerds like us lol

On 4/16/2019 at 3:57 PM, WSU151 said:

Do we have a good schedule of TBTC days?

Reds are doing 15 games of throwbacks, Phillies are wearing powder blues for road Thursdays, Marlins have another teal weekend, and the Angels have a throwback weekend in August. 

Any other rumors?

Phillies are wearing powder blue on HOME Thursdays. Kinda dumb if you ask me. 

On 4/16/2019 at 9:04 PM, KGeeX5 said:

On 4/16/2019 at 9:52 PM, Marlins93 said:

This is the link where I first saw it reported, but I thought it was refuted and the Marlins haven't ever acknowledged it being planned. I'd go to all 4 games if it's real.

Unofficial and most likely not true as it would have been said by the team by now. I mean there's still a chance it gets announced but it's looking a lot less likely.

I get that the team was swept, but the Giants really should do throwbacks to the 89 team. They've done days commemorating that team, even so far as majestic making jerseys for the reunion. But the team has never throwback to that look. (Sort of exception being the alternate road gray homage to that set)

They play 4 games against the A's this year. 2 home 2 away. Would be nice to see both teams throw back to that world series. Patches and black armband and everything. 

Both teams have traditionally been really hesitant to do that because of the Loma Prieta earthquake. There’s the idea that doing a throwback to that particular series could be taken the wrong way and would seem in poor taste. There’s also the matter of the teams being part of former ownership groups, which I know at least the Giants have always made a pretty strong point of separating themselves from.

11 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

EqYrUqP.jpg

The logo for Joe Mauer's number retirement game includes pinstripes and a red 7. Hopefully they wear Metrodome throwbacks to complete the look and honor Uncle Joe's prime

All of the Twins retired numbers use the 1987-2014 Pinstripes/Red Number Look. Even people who played from 1961-1986 during the Cursive Era with Pinstripes with Blue Numbers or the Pinstripe-Less Pullover Era have them. 

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Both teams have traditionally been really hesitant to do that because of the Loma Prieta earthquake. There’s the idea that doing a throwback to that particular series could be taken the wrong way and would seem in poor taste. There’s also the matter of the teams being part of former ownership groups, which I know at least the Giants have always made a pretty strong point of separating themselves from.

Also,

front.jpg

93038b_lg.jpeg

That wordmark and that number font are processed clown feces. Let’s not get started about how that set was tied to both Bob Lurie’s attempts to get taxpayers to pay for Candle$hit’s replacement:

ap_910115020.jpg?w=512

...and the near-relocation to Tampa Bay.

PGS0lPo.png

It’s best to retire Lurie Slab to the dumpster.

40 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

PGS0lPo.png

Would the Giants be willing to let the Rays have the rights to that wordmark on the right?  It would look nice on the road grays and loosely balances the current Rays wordmark

9 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Would the Giants be willing to let the Rays have the rights to that wordmark on the right?  It would look nice on the road grays and loosely balances the current Rays wordmark

I’d say go for it. The Giants don’t own the rights, as they were mock-ups made for Naimoli in the immediate lead-up to the relocation vote by MLB. The powder shadow would improve the design.

E2Mp3kr.png

3 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

3 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I’d say go for it. The Giants don’t own the rights, as they were mock-ups made for Naimoli in the immediate lead-up to the relocation vote by MLB. The powder shadow would improve the design.

spacer.png

38 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

spacer.png

Not bad, but i like the upward curved one better than the arc

53 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Not bad, but i like the upward curved one better than the arc

You said the one on the right so I assumed it was that one.

Anyway, they should just use a modified version of the Tampa Bay wordmark that they already have. Maybe throw a glint in there as well.

spacer.png

(This concept is not mine and I'm not sure who created it. If it is yours please let me know so I can assign the proper credit.)

35 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

Anyway, they should just use a modified version of the Tampa Bay wordmark that they already have. Maybe throw a glint in there as well.

spacer.png

(This concept is not mine and I'm not sure who created it. If it is yours please let me know so I can assign the proper credit.)

Darn, i did say right....meant left oops.  Either way, they all look solid.

On 4/15/2019 at 6:22 PM, Digby said:

I don’t think this is meant to be a tease at anything uniform related; looks more like someone in the Twins design department is just using retro baseball cards as inspiration for this year’s graphics package.

It’s on ribbon boards at Target Field as well:

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Survival79 said:

spacer.png

No credit necessary. I simply used what the team already had. Actually was thinking about refreshing this. Don’t have the “Tampa Bay” mark in vector anymore, though.

New York Mets have yet to wear either of their alternates this season